Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown
US$ 168
Hotwire.com
US$ 71
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdog trackhoulihan's restaurantattached casinogreyhound trackmade to order breakfastnice hotelfire pitgreat place to stayroom was cleancontinental breakfastconvenient locationmississippi riverwould stay here againvery nice stayget awaystaff was friendlyhot tub
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This was my first stay at the Dubuque HGI. It's looks like a newer hotel and the staff is very friendly. If you are on the bridge, coming from the downtown area, it's not easy to get to. You will need a map or stop at the BP next to the bridge for directions. It's more obvious if coming from WI. You can also follow the signs for the Mystique Casino, as it's next door.

The room was standard HGI quality and very nicely done. It was next to the work out and pool area. There was no noise leaking in to the room, which is always appreciated. I had to laugh, my room had an echo. You don't have that too often.

If you are looking for accomodations by the Mystique Casino, this is the best. I had business downtown and this isn't the best location for that. This isn't exactly downtown, but close to it. It's a 5 minute highway drive.

Room Tip: Houlihan's is attached to the hotel. I didn't try it on this trip, but plan to on the next. You can can get there by first floor hallways. This is great when the weather turns nasty or if you don't want to hike to your car for dinner.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dalbeattiestar
dubuquehilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you for the nice review! Being nestled next to the Mystique Casino and the Mississippi River, we are a few minutes away from downtown. That being said, there is plenty to eat and do while you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. There are beautiful walking/bike paths with awesome views of the river. Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have stayed at the hotel twice, and it's very good. The workout room is above average for a HGI. The Mystique Casino is attached, which has a couple of restaurants. There's also a Houlihan's Restaurant on-site, which is very good. Would recommend. Front desk staff very upbeat and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheekywoman
dubuquehilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you for the nice review! Houlihans restaurant and Bar is very convienant being next door and we appreciate your business. I will pass this nice review on to the front desk staff as they will enjoy to hear that they have made your stay enjoyable. Thanks again!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I was there in July of 2011 and wrote about the price of breakfast. I wrote that it was a bit on the pricey side. My wife and I were there Sunday Jan 29 and even though I stayed at the Julien, I went to breakfast here. We got 2 buffets which was $30 total. My wife and I agree that this was a great price, as unlike ALL the other breakfast buffets, this was a made to order breakfast buffet. The food came out fresh. Like most experienced travelers, we do not expect great food, but it needs to be hot. This was both. The server ( I believe her name was Angie) was great, as she kept the table cleared and my coffee filled. Great job, good value. The next time I am in Dubuque, I will dine here. Thank You

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jwong29371
KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thanks for taking the time to bring your breakfast concerns to our attention. We do offer an outstanding variety of cook to order items, full service with omelets, eggs to order and all the sides!. I will address the proper temerature of each item with my Chef, and compliment your server for her outstanding customer service skills. Thanks again and see you soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2011

We have now stayed two or three times and always find this hotel clean, well run and freindly. We have not eaten breakfast (made to order) at the hotel yet but the grill looks invitng. This hotel is attached to a Houlihan's Restaurant for lunch and dinner and the Mystique Casino with its restaurants also. We will certainly be staying again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a walk from the elevator. If you have limited mobility ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
dubuquehilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Thank you for all the compliments on the hotel! As stated in review, Houlihans is very convienant for lunch and supper. Also, the Mystique is connected to the hotel by a nice, warm walkway for the long winter months.
Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed 4 October 2011

we stayed for 2 nites during the week the staff was friendly & helpful. we had the stay & play package the on rest. was very good and worth the prices. we also dined in the casino buffet for lunch good selection for the price. we ate breakfest at a small diner down the road called point cafe breakfast for 2.95 ham eggs potates & toast.would stay here again. casino not crowder but the dealers & floor personal very upbeat would stay here again
we are seniors in our 70's

Room Tip: go to third floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sroars
KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Thank-you for your wonderful review of our hotel and surrounding area! We certainly apprieciate your response, and if you are in the area again, please contact me directly to help with your travel plans! Thanks again, we are glad you enjoyed your stay!