New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Musty room but fair price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Dubuque

Baymont Inn & Suites Dubuque
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
“Musty room but fair price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Room was very musty. Must be going through a renovation - there were paint patches on the main wall, like they were repairing it and going to repaint. Toilet paper roll holder fell off after barely touching it. TV didn't have all the channels as promised until they reprogrammed it. However, the staff seemed very accommodating and did fix any issues we had quickly after bringing them up. They seemed a bit concerned on giving us extra towels/pillows, like they've had trouble with them being stolen in the past but they did give them to us. The kids enjoyed the pool. The breakfast was standard but a nice to have. They had a bar on site which was unusual but we didn't get a chance to check it out since we did have our kids along - nice feature though.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Bettendorf, IA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly enough, but the halls were incredibly hot and humid. I don't think that the halls are air conditioned at all. Granted, we stayed when the temperatures were in the 90s, but we were all sweating by the time we made it from our room to the exit. Also, an elevator would be awesome. My husband had to trek up and down the stairs to get all of our luggage to our rooms. Finally, the internet leaves quite a bit to be desired. When I finally was able to get enough of a signal to get on, I was happy to see that I could pay $3 for faster internet (I work online, so having the internet on a daily basis is a must). I quickly filled out the form and clicked submit, but I lost signal before the document would submit (very slooooow internet). I tried this several times without any success. I suppose you get what you pay for, but we paid over $120 for a King room which isn't "bargain basement", in my opinion....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Dubuque hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

Rooms were very clean, beds comfortable, staff helpful and rates reasonable. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dale H
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

I enjoyed my stay at your Baymont Inn, 4025 McDonald Drive, Dubuque, Iowa. My room was very clean, quiet, and updated. I also got to check out the new bar/lounge and found it inviting, cozy, and reasonably priced. The bar manager Jessica did an excellent job with service and great conversation. Thank you once again for a wonderful stay. I love this place so much I'm bringing my wife here for vacation! I recommend this Baymont Inn to everyone who travels in the Dubuque area.

Thanks again,

Jeff J

Room Tip: They are very accomodating, so just ask for what you need.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff J
Norman, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

For the inexpensive price we paid for our room, I wasn't expecting much - but this was really my favorite hotel stay in quite awhile!! The staff were consistently friendly, efficient, and competent (a combination I rarely find). And the rooms that we and our friends stayed in were *clean*. I'm a picky type of neatnik - and I just loved not finding random hairs in the bathroom or dust in the corners. Our room was noticeably cleaner than many rooms I've stayed in at more expensive hotels.

The continental breakfast was the usual fare, but fresh and well organized, and well staffed. And the free popcorn machine in the lobby was fun too :)

I usually don't like staying in any hotels, because of possibly grumpy staff and questionable levels of cleanliness in the room. But I'll definitely be looking for Baymont the next time I have to stay in a hotel :)

Room Tip: I booked online to get a discount, but I called the clerk at the desk to help make sure my reservati...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple