All reviews biscuits and gravy hard boiled eggs donuts yogurt room was clean microwave and refrigerator continental breakfast worked fine comfortable hotel waffle maker dubuque area convenient location casino maintenance
Reviewed 1 July 2018

A disaster! Very expensive - I think they saw me coming in my jet-lagged state.

Very noisy - in fact beyond noisy! Some of the rooms have whirlpool baths - the room next to mine did. When operated this was incredibly noisy. Imagine lying in bad and reaching out to touch the wall next to you and feeling it vibrating and your ears ringing with the noise! Awful.

the hotel staff would do nothing about this - like tell the occupants of the room that using the whirlpool bath after midnight was keeping othersw awake. It wasn't just me - the guy (I assume) - in the room above was banging on his floor ( their ceiling) too.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to sleep
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Broken vanity barely hanging on wall, told the manager about it and he assured me it was going to look great when he gets the new one installed...????..... So then the wife says she could use another blanket and I figure we need two for the two beds. I request two blankets from the same manager, owner, whatever he is - same guy pictured with the former governor of Iowa by the front desk in a shot from 2010. Anyhow, he says he only has two blankets left and do I really need two?... I point out that most places have extra blankets in drawers or on a shelf to which he replies: "only in suites!". Btw, I can see more blankets in the storage area behind him when he gives me two raddy ones. There is only one coffee packet, 2/3 of a bottle of shampoo and the bathroom floor and fridge need cleaning when we arrive. If I had never stayed at a good Econolodge you might be able to tell me you get what you pay for....but I paid less at the good Econolodge on two different stays in the last month.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank OmahaBill
Reviewed 10 October 2017

This is a value hotel chain, and you get what you would expect. You would never mistake this for a 4 or 5 star hotel, but if you are staying here you already know that.

We were in a standard king room, and it had a fishing theme. When we first walked in we got hit with some smoking odors, but it wasn't terribly over powering.

There were some minor things that could be updated, but overall it was a decent room.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Rajesh P, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear mike,

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

First, this is an interior Corridor building with a large common Park area. Definitely not my favorite arrangement. But, the building and grounds were in great shape and quite tidy in spite of some construction going on in their lot. I couldn't ask for a better room for the price. It was perfectly clean and had ALL of the in-room amenities. Ample electrical outlets and there was even a phone charging station with USB and AC right on the bedside shelf. Breakfast included biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruit, a host of other Continental offerings, all of it nicely presented. This business is extremely well-managed and friendly.
So, take a fairly basic property add a lot of little things as these owners did and it equals a big wow.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
dakor, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Brett,

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

This is probably our 10th stay at this hotel. We are so happy to find such a clean and affordable hotel in the Dubuque area. Every time we come we get a warm welcome from the owner and his wife. They put in incredible time and effort to run such a clean and a comfortable Hotel. The rooms include microwave and refrigerator .
Location is ideal being close to several fast food restaurants, and casinos. If you love Galena this is the spot for you at a reasonable price. We are amazed that they are also able to offer a continental breakfast at these prices. We will be back again very soon.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Rajesh P, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Guest,