“Best Fine-Dining Restaurant in Dubuque!”
Review of Champagne

Champagne
Ranked #34 of 230 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I dined at Champagne Saturday February 25, 2012 for my anniversary with a group of friends. We were greeted on arrival with a glass of champagne, to toast the beginning of our evening. The atmosphere was electric! Dim lights, piano music by Chick Breggman, cozy fire, a perfect setting for our celebration.

The service was outstanding. It was very professional. Truly the best service in Dubuque. Chef Will Jester made a point to come to our table during every course and make sure eveything was delicious, and it was! Several of us had the Veal Chop, and Prime steaks that melted in our mouth!

And for those who love Bananna's Foster, Chef Will does a table side presentation that is unreal! He is a true master of his craft! Very impressive.

I planned this evening with the Director of Food and Beverage, John Torres. He made sure everything was perfect, and followed-up with a call the next day, making sure we enjoyed our evening. All of my guest are still raving about the "best time we have ever had" in a long time!

If you are looking to get together with friends and create memories that will last forever, Champagne Restaurant at Mystique Casino would be the place to go!

I

1  Thank KenHaugen1

Reviewed 16 February 2012

In my 40 years of all levels of food service management, Champagne surpassed and exceeded all of my expectations. The food was absolutely outstanding, out doing Don Schula's in Florida and The 95th in chicago and the Eagle's Nest in Indianapolis plus others in my travels and career. Thank you for your excellent service and a great time.

Mike Remley

1  Thank blossom1098
Reviewed 15 February 2012

From the ambience, delicious food and a great pianist our valentine's night could not have been any better. They take personal care to be sure everything is perfect. As far as I am concerned this is the best place in Dubuque to have a fantastic dining experience.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Walking into the restaurant and being offered champagne was a nice start to an evening with two other couples. However thats when the good service stopped. Upon arrival to the bar, one of the women we were meeting was already there and had an empty wine glass. We were at the bar for 25 mins and the bartender failed to offer her another drink and was short with us. We went to the table and had even worse service there! The music was on for 5mins and then silent for 20. The food was good! The wine list was short and over priced, when we ordered a bottle off of it and was told later that they were out of it, with no offer for a comparable one at the same price.
I would not spend another evening dinning here! I would rather spend my time and money in other Dubuque fine dining establishments!!

1  Thank Jpxplores
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I dined at Champage a few month ago and enjoyed my experience, it's a solid joint. My expectations are a bit higher for a casino restaurant as I do travel a lot and have spent sometime in Las Vegas.

I was extremely impressed that I was offered a compimentary glass of champage when I entered the room and although inexpensive, it wasnt garbage, but free is good. I had the Crab Cake, Lobster Bisque and Filet Oscar. Overall the meal was good with little nuances that I thought needed improvement. The crab cakes were ok however they were listed as New Orleans style and I found them to need more flavor. The lobster bisque was presented in a small cup/bowl on an "artichoke" folded napkin and the portion was small for $8. Also, I hate to be overly critical however the napkin fold was something out of the 1970s. The filet was good however I'm not sure the bearnaise was from scratch or not.

Like I said, overall pretty good however a little pricey and service was a bit slow but I wasn't in a hurry anyway.

1  Thank FoodGuru_007

Been to Champagne? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK