All reviews hi express front desk pancake maker cinnamon rolls turkey sausage room was clean west side the breakfast area area restaurants hot tub business center would definitely stay here again bed and pillows free breakfast room key fridge and microwave we've stayed
Reviewed 17 October 2018

I think this is the first Intercontinental we have stayed at that actually have written rules with a threat to kick you out if you don't follow them. The rule of silence after 10PM actually makes some sense as there is little or no soundproofing in the rooms. You certainly can hear conversations from nearby rooms and the sounds of sex were quite loud.

The breakfast was almost like they weren't really trying but in fairness we had just spent a week in a Holiday Inn Express where the breakfast was the best we had ever experienced. At least this place had 1/2 and 1/2 and real butter.

The room was pretty clean and while the front desk had an attitude, the service was OK. Our status with the chain was not acknowledged which is unusual.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ken R
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubuque-West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Hi Ken R,

I am pleased to do business with one of our IHG Rewards Club members. It is quite concerning that your stay was not comfortable as it should have been, due to issues with the rooms soundproofing, front desk attitude and cleanliness. Your review will be taken up with our team to consider for further improvements.

Despite the inconveniences, we hope that you can give us another opportunity to host your stay again.

Many Thanks,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Never been to Iowa before. this was over labor day weekend. The hotel was nice, the room was large, the bed was comfortable. Its location is average, not much to walk to.
Front desk staff was polite and had a warm greeting. Would stay here again

Room tip: Get to breakfast early it fills up fast and not a lot of space
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Lynette M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubuque-West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for completing our survey, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Friendly front desk, quiet room, great pool, and a terrific breakfast. We will definately stay here again on our next trip to Dubuque. Plenty of nearby retaurants for lunch and dinner. Easyaccess to Galena

Date of stay: September 2018
Lynette M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubuque-West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
We are pleased to read your comments about our staff and facility, thank you for taking the time to write!

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I’m conflicted on this review as there were issues with this hotel but I slept well and that’s ultimately what matters to me.

The issues began with check in where it took 20 minutes in line. The poor front desk girl was very nice but clearly overworked. Multiple people were having issues with their keys not working or wanting to switch rooms.

My biggest issue was the smoke smell in my room despite clearly being a non smoking room. I wasn’t the only person who had that issue as the gentlemen in front of me wanted to switch rooms for the smoke smell as well.

The positives: the staff was great and the room was clean. The bed was super comfy, it was quiet and I slept like a champ.

If they can get the smoke issue under control and tweak the front desk staffing at high volume times, I’d give this place a high 4 or even 5.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubuque-West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hello Jeannette W,

Thanks for choosing us and for leaving a review. I am sorry that your check- in experience, the condition of your room. We failed to make your stay more comfortable, again I apologize for the challenges you faced.

On a lighter note, I am happy that you found our staff accommodating and the beds comfortable. Your comments are forwarded to the hotel management, this will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Excellent hotel and great room. Granted I used my reward points for the family to stay at the hotel two nights, we were upgraded to a room with 2 beds and a sofa couch. So we had 2 TV's in the room also. Plenty of room for the 4 of us. The breakfast was good both mornings and the kids enjoyed the pool. I was able to use their business center room for a quick meeting early one morning also. Will definitely stay at this location again the future when I'm in the area! The Quality Inn in both Dubuque and East Dubuque (considering I've stayed at both of them in the past) do not even come close to this nice hotel! One of the best Holiday Inn Express's I've been at! Thank you!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Let me start by saying your welcome! We thank you for your review and we value you as our guest! We appreciate you bringing to our attention all the positive feedback regarding your stay! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you stay again when your travels bring you back to the Dubuque area!