“A fun experience”

Fenelon Place Elevator Co.
Ranked #3 of 68 things to do in Dubuque
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Also known as the Fourth Street Elevator, this funicular railway has been called "the world's steepest, shortest scenic railway."
Reviewed 9 July 2012

For $2.00 round trip... not bad. The history of the elevator is interesting and can be found in a packet on the top of the elevator. Walked around downtown but not much open on a Sunday.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

A cheap 30 minute diversioin in close proximity to downtown shops and hotels. The elevator has been in operation for years and I remember riding on it and loving it as a child. My son now 3 advised that he thought it looked dangerous and my wife agreed but we rode to the top without incident. The view from the top is as nice as I remember and improved by a bit of nostalgia that I have for it. 2$ per adult and 1$ per child under 12, Free for kids under 5. I would call it a must do for visitors.

1  Thank nahdogg
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This is a fun ride to the top and a gorgeous view. We take family and friends there whenever they visit. My son used to use this to travel quickly up the hills of dubuque back and forth from work. It is very reasonably priced and fun to do

Reviewed 8 July 2012

My wife and I had a blast on the elevator. I just really love stuff like this - not every city has a funicular/elevator. The view you get from up top is great as well.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Only a couple of dollars for a great experience for the kids and a great view of the downtown and the Mississippi River. We do it every year when my family comes.