See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I'm sorry but years ago this was nice. We stopped there at the end of April the lady gave my us a key to look at one of the rooms. It had a bad smell, there was something on the ceiling. It wasn't something we wanted to stay in. This made me wonder why she gave us the key to this room since it looked like one person staying there. Maybe the other rooms was worse don't know. We went on to Fort Madison.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Patti P
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Nice motel-clean rooms, helpful owner, sat. TV, good location as a base for sightseeing in Burlington, Ft. Madison, Nauvoo IL, Keokuk, Mt.. Pleasant, and the Bonaparte area. Nice state historic site in Athens, Mo -about 20 mi or so. Cornfield in back of the place. Good local golf course-low priced, nice greens. One could stay in this motel, play 18H with a cart (after 3PM) for about $50. Stock and modified car track nearby with Sat night racing. Otherwise incredibly quiet. Upscale rest at the Wooden Pig or eat at the golf course where I had a huge grilled rib eye andf 2 sides for $6.95. Or go to the Stumble Inn for some $1 drafts. Looks a little rough but the nice folks inside don't bite. In fact they are very friendly.
Rooms were priced much lower than other similar motels. A comparable motel in Ft. Madison was charging nearly twice as much.
I thought this place was a find! All the place was lacking was Zsa Zsa and Eddie.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
8  Thank vibe59
Reviewed 26 December 2006

The Lady and her daughter working in the office, were so kind to me and my husand. They gave us a very large room, ceiling fan and Queen beds, it was very clean. I would not stay any where else.It was the Best. For a small Town Motel.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank bluskies1