All reviews hi express pancake machine room was clean sliding door first floor nice courtyard would stay here again free breakfast staff was friendly and helpful nice breakfast nice size lobby area state fair exercise room front desk clerk campus hie
Reviewed 4 June 2018

The staff were friendly and helpful. The Hotel is keep good condition. The rooms are good size and quite. The bathroom is also a good size and clean. No Pool. The parking lot is a nice size. The breakfast is pretty standard. The Drake dinner is next door.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ExpressDrake, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Des Moines/Drake University, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

We are very pleased you had an enjoyable experience at our property. Thank you for your stay with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Not bad I wouldn’t consider it down town. And what the hell we hadn’t checked out and I think it must’ve been housekeeping walked in when we were still here lieing in bed watching tv. We were going to wait til closer to check out time to leave so we packed up and left. We didn’t see a housekeeping cart so we didn’t know if we were going to be robbed

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ExpressDrake, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Des Moines/Drake University, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for your possible stay with us and the valuable feedback. We are located approximately 5 minutes from downtown Des Moines and right next to Drake University. There is another Holiday Inn Express Downtown who is located approximately 2 minutes from downtown Des Moines. I do believe you most likely are referencing that property as we do not consider ourselves to be located in downtown Des Moines.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

HI Express at Drake was what I needed---located conveniently close to my activity and a comfortable, quiet two nights. All of the staff were friendly and informative. Overall, I was happy with my stay.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ExpressDrake, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Des Moines/Drake University, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

We are thrilled you had an overall excellent experience at our property. Thank you and take care.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Staff here was superb, very close to Drake University and the Drake diner is worth a visit. Motel itself is about what you would expect for the money. Rooms were clean. Will definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
ExpressDrake, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Des Moines/Drake University, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank for the kind feedback regarding your stay with us. Our entire staff takes pride in providing exceptional customer service, and we are pleased you were able to experience this during your stay with us. Take care until next time.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel looks nice from the outside. Once you are in the age starts to show. It wasn’t to bad until I tried to shower and learned the tub took 2 hours to drain. That would be fine if there was an exhaust fan, but the system they had could not even make a tissue move. This left the room feeling damp and uncomfortable. I can get passed a damp room and a slow drain.
But on my last day I woke up to my new friend barking at me. Well. He was big enough to bark. The spider crawling on my face was much larger than a quarter and his 4 other friends where about the same size looking for a fight. I left without confrontation so good luck to whoever gets caught by them.

Date of stay: April 2018
ExpressDrake, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Des Moines/Drake University, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for your stay with us unfortunately you did not leave our property with a satisfactory experience. We completely understand your frustration in having to deal with these issues. Each of the issues you encountered either have been or will be remedied immediately. We truly apologize for not meeting your nor our own standards we set for ourselves as an IHG property.