After a conference in downtown Des Moines, I checked into the Embassy Suites on the River for some much-needed relaxation. Out the window of my 5th floor suite I could watch the lazy river. Also, there were several spots in front of the hotel to sit by the river’s edge.
The hotel has a marvelous (and warm) indoor swimming pool and is close to shops and the stunning state capitol building. Breakfast (included) was served in a beautiful atrium near a waterfall. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres were served in the evening. It was a delightful place to relax after a busy conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the comfort of the spacious two-room suites at the Embassy Suites Des Moines Downtown. Located close to the Iowa State Capitol, explore the trendy shopping and dining opportunities of the Historic East Village. Enjoy complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and a nightly Manager's Reception. Elegant banquet facilities are available for weddings, business meetings and other special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Des Moines Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Des Moines
- Des Moines Embassy Suites