All reviews early morning flight complimentary breakfast in the morning hot tub room was clean international airport the breakfast area fridge and microwave shuttle channels bedding hampton
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Staff was rude, and smoked in front of building doorway and didn’t want to move when we were unloading the car. I’m highly allergic to tobacco products and by the time I got to my room, I needed my inhaler. I mentioned it to the front desk staff and they said they would look into it. Apparently they didn’t do anything as the same maids took all their breaks at the same door, which was right outside our room and therefore we could not open the windows. I asked the front desk where there laundry room was and got a vague answer that it was in the back of the building, on the first floor. After finding half the first floor closed for renovation, I asked two of the maids were it was and they pointed to the rear of the building, then said something in Spanish, snickered and walked away. I went looking for it, through the plastic sheeting the construction workers used to keep the dust down. I found the empty room, and two construction workers asked me what I was doing down there. I told them the front desk sent me there. They were flabbergasted and informed me the nearest laundry facility was 2 miles south of the motel.

As for the room, the bed was leaning strongly to one side and we complained about it, but was told there were no other nonsmoking rooms available and because we unmade the bed, they could not refund our money. You have to be desperate to stay there.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Palak P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback, that way we can address the issues properly. We apologize for the wrong information your got about laundry service. We recently had some maintenance done to correct this and we are doing some. For the housekeeping and front desk , we have addressed those concerns as well, with management. Again, we want you to know we are sorry for the inconveniences and hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I’ve traveled all over the world and stayed in hundreds of hotels over the years. I’ve never had an experience like the one at this property. I had a reservation made 3 weeks prior for one night that was guaranteed to a credit card. I got to the hotel around 5pm and was told the reservation had been cancelled because my credit card had not been approved for the charge. The hotel was sold out (as were most others in the vicinity due to several events in town) and before I could even look into the mistake with the credit card approval, the desk clerk was apologetic. She explained that the owner of the property begins charging all cards for rooms early the morning of the reservation date on sold out days and cancels any rooms that fail to process in order to re-sell those rooms at a higher rate to walk-ins. Interestingly, as soon as I started to escalate the situation because it was a clear violation of the terms of my reservation, the desk clerk “discovered” an available room for me, a double suite, at double the rate of my reservation. Not only is that highly suspect, but nowhere on any term of my reservation does it give the owner permission to charge a card for the guarantee before the time for late arrival has passed. I will be pursuing restitution from the owner and this property for breach of contract.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Palak P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

We are sincerely apologize to your experience you had. Our cxl policy is 24 hrs. prior 6 p.m. The reason why we cancel your reservation is that the credit you gave us was declined when we try to pre authorize your stay for 1 night with us. We do the authorize your card to hold the room so we can guarantee the payment and guarantee that you are staying with the hotel. One of the clerk was trying to get a hold of you but their was no phone no mention on reservation and this reservation booked online by you.

So we end up cxl your reservation and while you came later for check in we do not have that same room type available. Only the 2 king Suite available so we can't match same rate and you choose to stay with us with the rate we offer you.

Again sorry and apologize for inconvenience.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Rooms were dirty, hot breakfast was cold, and quoted rate that I held the room at was changed at check-in to a higher rate. Stayed here with a group and we were all anxious to check out as quickly as possible.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Palak P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. In the future, please bring up your concerns with our front desk staff, that way we can address them promptly. We have staff here 24 hours a day, that way if someone does have an issue we can correct it urgently. We hope you consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We spent one night at the quality inn on fleur drive. We have never been so disappointed. Check in was a little slow, but adjusted our rate to a senior discount. They don’t accept AARP. BUT GAVE US A 10% discount. They were sold out as everyone needed lodging for the pork expo. The king room we had was a complete disappointment. Looked like new carpet was installed over sub flooring that had rotten areas on it creating a uneven floor. The TV didn’t work. Non-smoking room smelled like the last person who stayed there smoked a carton of cigarettes. You could hear the cars driving by, like there was a window open. My son and daughter in law stayed there also and experienced the same issues. Room not cleaned, beds not made, candy wrappers on floor the first time they walked in the room. They stayed 3 nights. What a rip off. Don’t waste your money staying there. You will be totally disappointed....

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Cindy S
Palak P, Owner at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback that way we can address the issues properly.

Due to choice hotels check in system was down that reason it took time to check in.We can applied only one discount towards your stay. It's same 10% discount for senior or AARP.that discount we applied to your stay.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

This was just off the Interstate by I-35 in North Des Moines. Staff was very nice and accommodating. Stayed for a wedding and this was ideal. Even though the property has been fully modernized it was clean and comfortable. I went for a long walk in the neighborhood and felt quite safe. Good breakfast area. Guests were pleasant. Noise was not noticeable. Clean rooms.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Palak P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for taking time to submit an online review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your positive feed back. Our main goal is to provide great customer service as well as a clean, comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future at Quality Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport.