“Waited forever ”
Review of The Olive Branch

The Olive Branch
Ranked #414 of 638 Restaurants in Des Moines
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Sitting in the booth as I type this. Absolutely slow service not due to the wait staff, but the owner not relinquishing his kitchen to help! We have been here over an hour and 15 minutes and still waiting for our entrees. The large party next to us did not get their soup or salad at the same tone waiting at least 29 minutes before the soup came out. Good food but horrendous wait. Same old same old as it was at Mythos the other failed restaurant of the owner.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

My husband and I each ordered the gyro here. I would say it's the best gyro I've ever had - fantastic and reasonably priced. It came with a choice of side, we both opted for the homemade cream of mushroom soup with beef - absolutely delicious! We had the baklava for dessert, it was tasty, but I believe it was old because it didn't flake apart like baklava normally does and it was a bit hard.

The only downside was that the carpets and clutter just didn't look clean. I'm sure it was fine and I'd have no problem eating here again, but it might put some people off.

1  Thank Des Moines G
Reviewed 3 April 2015 via mobile

Small place. Service informal but food is good and reasonable .

Italian/Mediterranean fare run by Yanni who has had several other Des Moines locations.

No liquor license yet. But you can byob