“Best gyros”

Open Sesame
Ranked #41 of 656 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Open Sesame has been a fairly popular dinner destination for our family, but recently we discovered the lamb gyros on the lunch menu. All I can say is that they are delectable and we crave them all the time.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here three times now and it has become our new favorite place to dine when we are in Des Moines! Small, intimate atmosphere with a warm and cozy feel. Always great service. The food is delicious. This visit I had the gyro plate (background plate in the photo) and my wife had the shawarma plate. Both were fantastic. Perfectly cooked (rice included) and marinated and we ate every morsel. Can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Not only will you experience delicious Middle Eastern cuisine at this cozy restaurant, you'll be transported to the sights of that culture as well. Asian rugs, colorful lamps, and a stunning light fixture will set the stage for a out-of-this world evening.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I came here for lunch with a friend. The atmosphere is cozy and I love what they have done with it. I like the ceiling. I ordered the falafel pita and lentil soup. We did a starter of baba ganoush with warm pitas. I also ordered a lebanese iced tea. It had a little spice to it. The food was delicious and I'll definitely be back. My friend ordered the schwarma chicken plate.

My order came to about $13 for the lunch. I appreciate that they had vegetarian options on the menu.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 24 July 2017

perfect spot for wonderful Lebanese dining! delicious food and drinks with superb decor and ambiance!

Date of visit: July 2017