Mudh village is probably the most remote place in Spiti that you can drive to. The village was not connected by road till 2003. Given this remoteness, modern amenities of this hotel was quite surprising.
1) You find all the modern amenities offered by this hotel: western flush toilets, geysers, solar power back-up etc.
2) The hotel has the best view in town. The sunset/sunrise view of the Pin Valley here is to die for.
3) The owners are very helpful and courteous.
4) The food is excellent.
5) Tariff is very reasonable.
6) Rooms and bathrooms are very clean.
7) Bed is very comfortable and so are the warm blankets that they supply.
8) This is the best accommodation in the entire Pin Valley.
1) Rooms and bathrooms are pretty small. But that is the best they could have done given the space constraints.
2) Since this place is the only one providing good food, the place gets very crowded. So the food takes a long time to arrive.
3) There are just a couple of rooms with attached bath. So book early to get those. Those are the only rooms with a view as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tara Guest House is located in Mud Village Pin valley around 40 KM from kaza , breath taking views of snow capped mountains and spiti river. we provide home cooked food and best of service in the region. ... more less