“Great Service, Food, Value”
Review of El Jimador

El Jimador
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Denison
Reviewed 20 November 2015

I visited Denison for personal reasons. When I checked into my hotel, I asked which Mexican restaurant was the best in town -- this was the place the clerk recommended, hands down. I was very glad she did.

I arrived just after the lunch rush on a Friday. The place was still a little busy, but seem popular. I ordered a taco salad. I had my food within five minutes. It was delicious. Overall, the meal cost less than $8. I was very satisfied with this restaurant.

Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

Denison is very lucky to have this restaurant. The service is friendly. The food is brought to the table quickly. The margaritas are nothing specoal but very well priced. The location and parking are now convenient for travelers.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

I have had better Mexican food, but also much more worse! Need to watch the hardshell tacos as they sometimes are soggy when they get to the table since they don't always drain the meat! Sometimes the wait staff can be overwhelmed, but that is mostly a mgmt. problem with scheduling!

Reviewed 26 July 2015

It was a friend of mine's 62nd birthday so after a fun packed Minion themed day we headed here for supper. Right away the waiter noticed our Minion shirts and complimented us on them. He also noticed that one said Birthday Girl without us saying a word, he has the whole wait staff over to sing Happy Birthday in Spanish & English! I had the El Paso Steak, it was one of the tastiest steaks I've ever had in a Mexican restaurant with a mixed spice rub and chipolata butter, spicy but can't be beat. 3 of us got the Shrimp Filled Quesadilla Acapulco and they all scarfed it right up. Birthday girl got the Taco Salad, it was huge. Even though I live 80 miles away, I'm sure I will visit here again, oh yeah, the guacamole was the best I've ever had.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

I had the chimichanga (it is the standard dish I usually get at a Mexican restaurant), it was just okay, nothing special. This place is not what I should call authentic Mexican food.

Been to El Jimador? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK