Went to Davenport on Christmas Eve. My daughter calls me to tell me she had been bit by a bug and she killed the bug and it had blood in it. The front desk offered me another room by this time it was 11 pm. The front desk helped me get the bedding off the bed and replaced with new and me and my daughter shared a bed. I have been calling since tuesday to get in contact with the manager. It is friday and they have yet to call me. My Christmas consisted of me taking steps to assure that my home did not get infested with bed bugs. I am still waiting on a simple refund for my troubles. Also my daughter was bit and has about 4 marks on her arm from a bed bug bite.
I've stayed here before, a few years ago. The property hasn't been updated for awhile. I reserved a king room with jacuzzi and fireplace for my travels on Christmas Eve. Tamara is a gem and her customer attention salvaged this experience for me. Checked into our room to find the phone and the fireplace not working. The room also had a very strong cigarette smoke odor. I notified the front desk and Tamara relocated us to a 2 room suite with jacuzzi and fireplace. The fireplace in that room didn't work either. We specifically sought a fireplace for Christmas Eve, so we were pretty disappointed. It didn't seem like the fireplaces had been working for awhile. They were both dusty and old looking. I felt like they know this is a problem but just don't fix it as they continue to advertise these rooms as having fireplaces (that presumably work). I asked for a discount in light of the non-working fireplace and Tamara took $25 off our charges. Again, Tamara's customer care is excellent and sincere. She was working when we checked in at 10 pm on Christmas Eve and also when we checked out at 11 am Christmas Day! This is a budget hotel that has potential. Needs updates and some cleaning. If they fixed the fireplaces, I'd stay there again.
Good Evening Anne,
Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention. We are still working on getting our fireplaces working and I apologize for the false advertising. Our housekeeping has been notified of the issues and we are all on board to make sure our hotel is a clean and friendly place to stay. Our maintenance issues are also being directly taken care of as they should be. I greatly apologize and hope that you will be our guest again soon. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule writing the review. I can assure you that your next stay will be more pleasant. Also, thank you for your personal name drop as I greatly appreciate it!
The main complaint I have about this hotel, is the fact that you are charged an extra $50 upon check-in for whatever reason, and there is absolutely no notice of it whatsoever at the front desk. I was informed about it right before the desk clerk swiped my card, and I tried to explain to her that it will take approximately three weeks for that money to be returned it to my bank. She did everything she could to keep the system from charging my car the extra $50, but they have it set up in their computer system to wear that cannot be done. The beds aren't that bad, the bathrooms are decent, however if you are like me and rely on Wifi out on the road, it's unreliable at best. Pretty good chance I will not be staying here again. And I will definitely be notifying Wyndham corporate office about the extra $50 charge.
Thank you for your feed back. The 50 dollars you are talking about is called an incentive fee in case there is something wrong with the room when you check out. Sorry you did not see your paper that was on the top of the check in station it does state there will be a 50 dollar fee for credit cards and 100 if you use cash. sorry for any inconvience. Hope to see you in the future though. Have a great day
The hygiene of the facility was fine, but there was a feeling that everything was just really poorly maintained and broken. Drain stopper and microwave in the room didn’t work, hot tub and sauna in the pool area were abandoned(sauna I was actually turned into a makeshift storage closet but not all of the glass is covered up). Continental breakfast was not stocked well and almost anything that had a spout (waffle mix dispenser etc) leaked, which only complimented the poor lighting in the breakfast area to give it a gloomy dimenor. First front desk attendant I worked with was nice, gave some decent recommendations on things to do and places to eat. The second might have been new but seemed overall uninformed and ill prepared. Aside from that, it was a clean place and the bed was decent, so not the worst experience I’ve ever had, but definitely below average.
Thank you for your feedback we are addressing the issues u have told us about. We hope u will stay with our facility again soon. Have a wonderful day!!!
Check in went well, but did have a problem with the room. The smoke detector and sprinkler were covered with plastic, so went to the front desk and they move me to another room, which had no problems. Overall the stay was pleasant, and the room was clean and quiet.
Thank you for your feed back it means a lot to us. Glad to see your stay was good. Also glad you got your issue taken care of. Hope to see you again soon.
THANK YOU MANAGEMENT CRYSTAL