“I wouldnt give any stars if that were an option! Yep, it was THAT bad!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Fortunately this hotel was close to the highway to take us home because the stay here was unbearable for me! Our family was separated, not given the ammenties we requested, and I spent 2 nights in a room with no working a/c. I repeatedly asked for maintenance to look into the situation and dealt with very difficult staff. The solution offered to me was unacceptable. This was NOT the hotel I would have selected for our stay, but it was booked by another family member so that we could be together for our vacation. We had 4 rooms (over $800.00 was spent on this facility) and never received a genuine apology or any other compensation. I would not recommend this facility! The pool room was as hot as the room I stayed in, the pool water was too hot and the spa water was cold-according to other family members. Thank goodness Cracker Barrel was next door because the breakfast was unacceptable for anyone with special dietary needs. Last I knew, the customer was ALWAYS right. Not here!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Karl C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying at our hotel. I want to assure you I have spoken with our maintenance staff and stressed the importance of doing anything we can to take care of guest issues right away. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and I am sorry that these issues were not handled for you during your stay with us. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Fairfield Inn & Suites another try when you are in the Council Bluffs area again.

Karl Crompton

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs

Reviewed 5 May 2012

We booked this room several months before the Berkshire Hathaway stockholders meeting, in early May in nearby Omaha. The best rate we could get was $189 a night plus tax, far above the rates mentioned by other reviewers and the web site. We booked it anyway, because rooms are hard to find for that weekend. The room was worth about half what we paid, considering location and features provided. A Motel 6 a block away would have costed about 1/3 as much. Our room had comfortable beds but no microwave or refrigerator. There was only one chair, an office chair, although the room had space for two more. When I complained about this, a chair was quickly brought up from the lobby, leaving only one there. The pool was 90F, a bit too warm, and the spa was 104. The spa jets did not work. The breakfast was above average, with some hot items. A pitcher of cool lemonade in the lobby in the evening was much appreciated, as it was very hot that weekend. The staff was cheerful and attentive, and made up for the price gouging of Marriott.

Stayed: May 2012
Karl C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. We appreciate your business and booking with us. Due to the busy nature of that weekend rates were higher, I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us. I have addressed the pool and spa issues with our maintenance team and will takes steps to ensure situations like these don’t happen again. With our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, I hope you will give Council Bluffs Fairfield Inn & Suites another try next time you stay in the area.

Karl Crompton

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Council Bluffs, Iowa for one evening. We stayed in a king suite which was plenty big. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast was fine. We did not use the pool. This hotel fit our needs for a one night stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bigrockelk
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The motel is very clean and has been recently updated. Our room was fine and the staff very helpful. We had a room on the 3rd floor and the trains were not bothersome. Cracker Barrel restaurant next door was very handy. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I enjoyed my stay at this motel. Check in was quick and easy, my special request was honored, the room was very clean, like new. The area is quiet and within walking distance to Cracker Barrel (next door). There are several eating establishments nearby. The free breakfast was wonderful. I had no issues with anything at this motel during my stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family