Let's just begin by saying I'm no high-maintenance traveler. My primary goals for this evening's stay were accessibility to the highway, a bed and shower at a reasonable price. This hotel failed miserably.
The evening receptionist was very flippant, bordering on rudeness as 'redaunt' has experience. The hallway reeked of smoke, seemingly from cleaning staff smoking in their laundry room - despite it being a non-smoking block of rooms. Our "first floor" room was in actuality a basement room. It was dark, dank, and smelled of mold to the point it made me mildly nauseas. The carpet was damp, so walking to or from the bathroom without shoes on was unbelievably gross. The shower never really became comfortably warm, parking lot size was insufficient, the shower never got "hot" and filled instead of drained, the "complimentary breakfast" tasted horrible, and the check out staff in the morning was even more cold and indifferent than the night staff.
Considering I've stayed in $5 hostels in europe that seemed a 4-star resort compared to this Super 8, it was a complete rip-off at $67.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We will be newly renovated by May 2014 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Council Bluffs IA Omaha NE Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Motel Council Bluffs Hotel Council Bluffs
- Super 8 Council Bluffs
- Council Bluffs Super Eight
- Council Bluffs Super 8
- Super Eight Council Bluffs