“Super 8s across the country”

Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Sacramento, California
“Super 8s across the country”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

we drove from indianapolis, indiana, to sacramento, california, and stayed at super 8 each night. i would recommend this hotel to everyone. the prices were great, the rooms were clean, and the beds gave us a great night's rest.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank marijane s
NykoleThurston, General Manager at Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville, responded to this review, 28 May 2012

Dear Marijane S ~

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our Super 8 in Coralville! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to everyone.

On behalf on the Super 8 in Coralville team, we would like to thank you! We greatly appreciate your kind words and we thank you for helping us spread the word about our hotel to other travelers!

We hope to see you again soon!

Super 8 Coralville, IA Pride Property
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Iowa
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Since this overnight stay was paid for by the government I didn't really expect much to begin with. We had two beds in a room on the 2nd floor at the end of the hall. The room seemed clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was cleaner than many high priced hotels that I've visited. I appreciated that the heat/cooling unit had a setting that allowed the fan to stay on all night. It's a nice way to block out noise from the street or hallway.
They are still using only flat sheets to make the beds. I like a bottom sheet that I don't have to keep tucking back in all night. They need to make more of an effort when first making up the beds or just invest in some fitted bottom sheets.
We didn't try out the breakfast. I'd go back again if it's free but if I'm paying I'd keep looking.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AmericanJaanee

Dear AmericanJaanee ~

I would like to first say thank you for your compliments to our hotel. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the comfortable beds and the fan control option on the air conditioning unit. We do pride ourselves on cleanliness and guest service.

I sincerely apologize for there only being flat sheets on your bed. That is certainly not our standard. There should be both a fitted and a flat sheet. I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention and please know that this opportunity has been addressed with my housekeeping staff.

It is my hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the excellent overall experience we are capable of. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to help you with accommodations on your next visit to the Iowa City/Coralville area!

Mn
Reviewed 13 December 2011

No clerk at front desk when we arrived around 7 pm. Note said to pick up phone to call him. He arrived promptly, but was visiting with someone who followed him to the front desk where the 2 conversed the whole time we were checking in.
Hotel room was dated but the bathroom was extremely clean. For the price and good location, I was thinking- not bad at all! Until I pulled down the bedding. The underside of the bedspread was filthy with what I hope was dirt. There was also a long black hair on the blanket. The final straw was the fact that there was no mattress pad on the bed, just the sheet directly on the mattress. Lots of hallway noise, we just left the heater run on low all night. The next morning, I handed the comment card to the new clerk and told her the bedding needed to be cleaned. She replied that they try to clean the bedding at least once a month on a rotating basis! No way could I stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Dear amismom ~

On behalf on the Super 8 in Coralville I want to thank you for the comments you provided about your stay in December, and apologize for what was clearly an unsatisfactory stay. We are extremely disappointed that we let you down.

Your first impression of the cleanliness in the room was certainly our standard. However, we dropped the ball on the comforter and 100% on guest service as well as giving you the wrong information on proper procedure of cleaning the comforters.

We have talked about your feedback as a team and I want to assure you that we are committed to making sure this does not happen again.

I do hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to serve you. I'm sure that your next stay will be much more delightful if given the opportunity.

Again I apologize and I appreciate your feedback.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I've stayed here twice and would stay here again. This appears to be a popular hotel for I-80 travelers stopping for the night and sporting events. It seemed pretty clean but aesthetically very basic. Room rate was good. Staff was friendly. Room furnishings are of the vinyl oak woodgrain style and room had an older tube TV. The first time, internet seemed faster than second but was free and a breeze to log in and stay logged in. The first time, my room was on second floor, adjacent to lobby and inner stairway and lobby conversations could be heard and stair noise was pretty loud but it stopped around bedtime. A previous guest had thrown a soap wrapper up on top of the shower enclosure and it had been left there by cleaning staff.

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairway if you can.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo

Dear tripledec ~

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay in November at our Super 8 in Coralville! We are thrilled that your stays with us have been super and to have you as a return guest and look forward to serving you in the future!

I appreciate you letting me know of opportunities to improve as well. I have communicated your feedback to my staff. Thank you for helping us!

Please say hello on your next visit!

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Good deal - $62 with AAA. Right off the interstate, which was nice at midnight. The hotel definitely needs to be updated and is a little run down, but it was clean and the staff was extremely friendly. The room we stayed in was pretty small, but served its purpose. Excellent water pressure in the showers. Somewhat meager breakfast - read a review saying they had eggs but did not. No newspapers in the morning. The heater blasts even on low so I woke up sweating. It wasn't the nicest hotel ever but for the price & location being right off the interstate, I would stay here again. Just use extra blankets & nix the heat or plan on sleeping in your skivvies.

• Stayed November 2011

Dear surfwv,

On behalf of the Super 8 Coralville team, I would like to thank you and let you know that we greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us and other travelers feedback on our hotel!

Just to let you know about our breakfast, Super 8 as a brand has heard our guests comments and they have revamped the breakfast options. All Super 8's across the board will have the same items. The main feature being a cinnamon roll! We are rolling this out in our property as we speak and we are very excited about the changes being made.

Also, the Super 8 brand has another fantastic project going on! We are updating our hotel with a new look that I think you and all of our guests will be very happy with! We are in the process and this is again something that we are very excited about!

Again, thank you for your feedback! We look forward to serving you again soon! If I can be of any assistance please contact me directly.

Super 8 Coralville, IA Pride Property
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
0.3 km away
5.2 km away
Travelodge Iowa City
Travelodge Iowa City
#5 of 6 in Iowa City

Been to Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK