“just a super 5 not an 8”

Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Rockford, Illinois
“just a super 5 not an 8”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

At check - in Jamie stopped what he was doing to get the hotel ready and help me check in early. Thanks! After reviewing the rooms I have asked for I was able to move to other sections of the hotel. Did not like the locations of the rooms. Our room's toilet handle had a problem staying stuck. Had to shake it many times, no big thing. We went to put the over bed lights and one did not work since there was no bulb in it. The room was clean and beds comfy. The next day we hung our towels to conform with the sign to save water at cleaning. Only to find we the maid took our towels. I had to go see Jamie for more towels. Our second night was fine.
The breakfast was fine, waffles, cereal, coffee, yogurt, bagles and juice. Just the basics as advertised. The internet is slow.
The price was more than fair. The lobby floor should be mopped more often and the stairs need better job vacuumed .
Just three point short of an 8 and this place has the team to get it there. Just have to go back to the basic's and have staff more accountable. I would recommend this place for the money.

Room Tip: stay on second floor
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
NykoleThurston, General Manager at Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville, responded to this review, 29 May 2012

Dear patti1230 ~

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about our hotel! Jamie has been with me almost a year now and is an excellent employee. He cares about his job and you, our guest. Thank you for noticing this!

I want to apologize for the opportunities you encountered. These items should not have been overlooked and are certainly not our standard. You should have had a light bulb in every light socket and you should not have to deal with a broken toilet handle. I also apologize that my housekeeping staff took your towels after you had hung them up intending to utilize our stay green card and secondly that they did not replace them. I appreciate you bringing them to my attention! We have discussed your feedback as a team and we are committed to correcting these opportunities. Thank you for helping us improve!

Super 8 as a brand has some new projects happening to enhance your future stays! We are in the process of rolling these out in our property. New decor for the rooms and a new version of our Super Start Breakfast, including a cinnamon roll! We are very excited about these items!

Again, thank you for your feedback! We hope you will find that we are indeed an 8 instead of a 5 on your next visit! If I can be of any assistance please contact me directly any time.

With highest regards,

Super 8 Coralville, IA Pride Property
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I don't feel I can give this a 5 star mainly because it is a Super 8. Now, as far as Super 8's go, and I have stayed at a lot of them, I think Coralville is one of the best. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is fine, and rooms are good. I typically go by the pillows at Super 8, should I bring my own or not. At the Coralville Super 8 I did NOT need to bring my own pillows, and believe me that is saying something. I'm also one of their pain in the butt clients, I change my reservations frequently and cancel a lot, but they never get irritated with me, they are always super nice. We stay there the night before Hawkeye football games or the night after if it is a evening game and it works perfectly. I really couldn't ask for a nicer place to stay for the price and the convenience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Dear KatieDesMoines ~

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel so much!

We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and helping us spread the word about our services to our other travelers!

We hope to see you this football season! Feel free to contact me personally. I would be happy to help with any accommodations you may need. GO HAWKS!

Thank you again!

With highest regards,

Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Nothing fancy, but what can you expect for this price? Compared to many Super 8 motels that I have stayed at, this one is quite a bit nicer. Smells clean, bed was adequate (with mints on the pillow!). SUPER nice staff (especially Bree and the mangager Nicole); they really seem to care about the customer's satisfaction. The breakfast includes hot waffles and is quite a bit better than other Super 8 motels that I have been to. The location is good, although a little tricky to get in and out of in heavy traffic.

If you want a nice clean basic hotel, this is a good choice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Dear AmesMan ~

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us last October! We are so happy you had a great stay! Bree and I do care a great deal about customer satisfaction, as you said. You are the reason we are here and we both enjoy our jobs very much!

We appreciate your kind feedback and in helping us spread the word to other travelers about our wonderful hotel!

Thank you again! We hope to see you again soon!

With highest regard,

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This hotel was very busy but the staff was friendly and efficient. The rooms were very clean. The breakfast was meager but sufficient.

• Stayed August 2011
Nebraska
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We arrived after 1 a.m. but were quickly checked into our room. The hotel looked booked, but it was quiet, even in the morning although we checked out later than most of the other guests. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the rate very reasonable. We did not have breakfast here as we opted to eat at a nearby Perkins Restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
0.3 km away
5.2 km away
Travelodge Iowa City
Travelodge Iowa City
#5 of 6 in Iowa City

Been to Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK