“Good for Hawkeye Games”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Des Moines, IA
“Good for Hawkeye Games”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I don't feel I can give this a 5 star mainly because it is a Super 8. Now, as far as Super 8's go, and I have stayed at a lot of them, I think Coralville is one of the best. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is fine, and rooms are good. I typically go by the pillows at Super 8, should I bring my own or not. At the Coralville Super 8 I did NOT need to bring my own pillows, and believe me that is saying something. I'm also one of their pain in the butt clients, I change my reservations frequently and cancel a lot, but they never get irritated with me, they are always super nice. We stay there the night before Hawkeye football games or the night after if it is a evening game and it works perfectly. I really couldn't ask for a nicer place to stay for the price and the convenience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
NykoleThurston, General Manager at Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
May 28th, 2012

Dear KatieDesMoines ~

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel so much!

We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and helping us spread the word about our services to our other travelers!

We hope to see you this football season! Feel free to contact me personally. I would be happy to help with any accommodations you may need. GO HAWKS!

Thank you again!

With highest regards,

Nykole Steele-Thurston
Super 8 Coralville, IA Pride Property
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Nothing fancy, but what can you expect for this price? Compared to many Super 8 motels that I have stayed at, this one is quite a bit nicer. Smells clean, bed was adequate (with mints on the pillow!). SUPER nice staff (especially Bree and the mangager Nicole); they really seem to care about the customer's satisfaction. The breakfast includes hot waffles and is quite a bit better than other Super 8 motels that I have been to. The location is good, although a little tricky to get in and out of in heavy traffic.

If you want a nice clean basic hotel, this is a good choice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
May 28th, 2012

Dear AmesMan ~

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us last October! We are so happy you had a great stay! Bree and I do care a great deal about customer satisfaction, as you said. You are the reason we are here and we both enjoy our jobs very much!

We appreciate your kind feedback and in helping us spread the word to other travelers about our wonderful hotel!

Thank you again! We hope to see you again soon!

With highest regard,

Nykole Steele-Thurston
Super 8 Coralville, IA Pride Property
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This hotel was very busy but the staff was friendly and efficient. The rooms were very clean. The breakfast was meager but sufficient.

• Stayed August 2011
Nebraska
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We arrived after 1 a.m. but were quickly checked into our room. The hotel looked booked, but it was quiet, even in the morning although we checked out later than most of the other guests. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the rate very reasonable. We did not have breakfast here as we opted to eat at a nearby Perkins Restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
New Albany, Indiana
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Driving west I got tired and decided to stop. I had a coupon from one of the motel coupon books. (It lowered the price by $18 plus tax).
Pros: Cost, bed was decent, there was a limited continental breakfast, location, pleasant evening desk clerk, room pretty clean
Cons: Flaking plaster around bathtub, one set of towels with none too big, luke-warm milk for cereal in cooling pitchers, small breakfast room with limited offerings, surly a.m. desk clerk, noise from other rooms and hallway

Room Tip: A room at the end away from the road will make things a bit quieter, but there are train tracks up t...