Holiday Inn Express Coralville
US$ 147
US$ 144
US$ 133
US$ 120
All reviewshi expressolive gardencoral ridge mallice skating rinkfree beer or wineiowa citypancake machinetues thursmanager's receptionthe hotel staffwithin walking distancenice breakfastclean hotelshopping malllocation is greathighly recommend this hotelvery nice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I have stayed in many Holiday Inn Expresses and this one meets the high standards a simple night's stay should bring. Everything the hotel controlled was clean and professional. I would suggest that if flying into to Cedar Rapids one not take the $70 taxi waiting outside the airport but book the Redline Cab from Iowa City in advance for a $30 fare to and from.
Go Hawkeyes!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank amuzme
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This is actually our second stay at this property. (first review) We use this property when needing to stay overnite during Univ of Iowa visits. It can get pretty busy on weekends. Despite that this hotel has kept it's service level to meet our needs. Rooms always clean and comfortable. Beds are OK. Some of our party did not like them but it's hard to please all the different personal needs with one type of bed. Free breakfast has it's slight short comings (except for the cinnamon rolls. I could eat 20) but serves the need and has enough variety that you should be able to find something. The new pancake maker they had was something every busy Mom should have. The hotel is in a great location just off I-80 and has everything you need close by. (shopping mall, Walmart, restaurants, etc). For the money likely the best place in Coralville. If you want to try and book it on football weekends you need to do that as soon as the schedule comes out or you won't get a room. If you're lucky enough to get one use the Hawkeye Express to go to the game and save parking issues. It loads right across the street.

Room Tip: Book football weekends far, far in advance if you want to stay here.
1  Thank Hckynut56
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Wonderful beds, very nice breakfast, and the pool was great! Front desk heard us talking about "hoping our rooms were close" and she asked if we would like adjoining. With a full hotel she managed it. How nice to be able to help our daughter out with the granddaughter and not have to cross the hall!! Cookies at the front desk at bed time, how nice.

Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed a night at this hotel on our cross-country road trip. The location is nice, near shopping, restaurants, Starbucks, etc., but was quiet at night for a good night's rest. We were given a suite which was quite large and clean. The staff was super friendly. My only complaint was that the bed was too soft for my tastes, I found myself rolling towards my husband and feeling like I was sleeping on a hill.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

We were glad to read about the great stay you had at our property. It is encouraging to receive recognition for our friendly employees and expansive breakfast.
We are sorry about the comfort level of your mattress. The mattresses in our rooms are relatively new and do get rotated regularly. I have alerted housekeeping and maintenance to double check that there is no significant droops or body impressions in the mattresses.
We thank you again for your high praises and look forward to another opportunity to have you stay with us!

Amanda Turner
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2011

We were in the area for my daughter's freshman orientation at the University of Iowa. I tried Priceline for the first time and got the room for $60 which is half off the regular rate. We didn't have time to go swimming, because we were on campus all day. The Holiday Inn Express is very close drive to the University of Iowa. It is also right next to the Coralville Mall. The breakfast at the hotel was outstanding. There were lots of hot items to pick from and they had two workers, so they didn't run out of food even on a Saturday. We appreciated the free parking and free internet access.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

We were so pleased to hear of your enjoyable stay with us! I am sure your daughter will love the community and college.
We welcome another opportunity to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon!

Amanda Turner