All reviews nice lobby would stay here again hot tub iowa city shower mall guests property
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in Feb. The room was clean and comfortable, but nothing above and beyond for the price. At over $100 per night I found the complimentary breakfast to be lackluster and the pool to be undersized. The kids enjoyed the pool but it was hardly more that 20x40.

The view from our second floor room was nonexistent, see attached photo.

There was no tub which was progressive, and the shower was quite nice, though never got hot.

The TVs in the room were nice in that they supported the internet services like NetFlix directly. This saved us from having to use tablets or figure out how to plug the laptops into the tv.

There aren’t any hot tub rooms in this hotel, nor was there a hot tub in the pool area.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Ginger S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our newly opened location. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our in room entertainment system and found it convenient during your travels. We hope to see you again should your travels return you to our area in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The staff was extremely courteous and helpful & the property was very well maintained. The hotel offered everything I needed at an extremely reasonable price, especially with the Marriott rewards program. I would highly recommend this property.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your outstanding review of our newly opened Fairfield Inn & Suites Coralville. We are pleased to hear that you found our associates to be friendly, helpful and courteous. It was our pleasure to be of assistance to you during your travels and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I had stayed at this location just a couple days prior for a business trip. New hotel, nicely designed, convient location. The second time I stayed at the hotel, I woke to find blood droplets on the bed sheets. After checking myself for obvious wounds, lol, it was apparent the stains were set in and who knows for how long. I did mention this to the clerk upon check out and he walked to the back office, I assume to let management know. Unfortunately, I have not heard a word of apology from the hotel, nor have I received a hotel survey where I could have reported this inicident there.

Would I recommend the hotel? Probably so, however, an incident such as this should not be occuring at ANY hotel - let alone a newly constructed business. Just saying....

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
SocialMediaHawkeye, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you for your business and also for taking the time to leave some feedback about your stay. I am terribly sorry that a solution was not offered when you brought the issue to the attention at the front desk. I can assure you that this is not the expectation level that is held here and your feedback will be shared at our next daily stand up. Being that this was less than a 100% satisfying stay please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything that I can do for you.

-Brian.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

The staff and the accomodations were good, what I would expecct from a Fairfield Inn & Suites. The evening staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel appears to be somewhat newer. Unfortunately we stayed over New Years since we needed to be at the hospital. Our fist night someone set off a sprinkler alarm causing the fire department to arrive - this was about 9:00 or 10:00 at night. It was minus degrees outside, thankfully they did not evacuate. The next night, the room next to ours ended up having some type of domestic around 3:00 am. We called the front desk but the yelling and screaming, and eventually pounding on the wall to what sounded like someone needing help, did not stop. We then called 911 and the police arrived. This went on until about 5:30 am. This may be an anomaly but considering the disruption of the domestic, I would have expected the hotel to comp us a night or do something but there was no offer or apology.

Other than these issues, it was a good experience and they have good choices of ice cream in the market.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your business and for your feedback. Our staff here always has the well being of guest safety in mind and also alerted the proper authorities to ensure that everyone was safe. If there is anything that we can do for you still please feel free to reach out to me directly at the property. I cant blame the newness of the hotel for the staff not offering an apology at the time that you brought this to our attention but I can assure you that we have talked about these two situations in depth and have worked together to come up with alternatives to keep our guests happy and in a quiet location if this were ever to happen again in the future. So most importantly, As a whole staff we are truly sorry that your stay was less than 100% satisfying, like I said earlier if there is anything that we can do for you still or in the future please let us know.

Thank you again for your business and feedback.
-Brian

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was new. It is easy to find and parking is abundant. A train runs several hundred yards from the hotel, but it didn’t disturb our comings or goings or sleep. The hotel is decorated in bright colors and patterns reminiscent of the 70s. The WiFi connection in the room was good.

We were disappointed in a number of minor flaws in the room, probably related to poor construction or decorating workmanship. The carpet is pulling up along a tack strip, the bathroom mirror was chipped, the caulking in the shower was poorly applied and leaked, there were several marred spots in the bathroom tile and the counter top had pencil marks remaining from where it was cut to fit around a corner. Closet space was limited.

The cleaner provided no new soap and two hand lotions with no hair conditioner one day of our multi-day stay. Another day only one regular coffee packet was provided and a used coffee tray was left in the coffeemaker.

The breakfast area is spacious with both hot and cold options provided, including fresh fruit. The sausage patties weren’t browned—being gray they were unappetizing.

We found the staff pleasant.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
SocialMediaHawkeye, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave use a review and some feedback for others to consider. As we continue our efforts with bout our Maintenance Team and Punch Team it is my hope that on your next trip we will have the things you mentioned taken care of with very good attention to detail.

Thank you again!