“Good hotel, good location”

Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Stayed here for one night while doing business in downtown Des Moines. Approx. 15 minutes to downtown Des Moines during rush hour. Morning breakfast was much more than expected. Excellent accomodations and excellent location. Plenty of dining and shopping nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Jeff V, Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Clive. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Des Moines.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed here only one night as we breezed through IA on a driving trip. Like a lot of previous reviews, the property was ok. We expect more out of a Courtyard and we've stayed at nicer Hampton Inns. I liked how the shower/toilet room was separate from the sink area. But, the sink/mirror area was so small, my morning get-ready routine was challenging. Towels were thin and scratchy. The lobbby area did have fresh coffee available at 5 am on a Sunday morning, nice. Again, an ok property to breeze through, but not worth the cost of 15k points!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

After several years of thousands of guests, a hotel begins to show wear. I am glad your stay was pleasant, and we have now renovated our entire facility, so that the next time you stay you can give us a perfect score.
Everything is new, right down to the carpet and wall paper. We have an amazing new bistro, with Starbucks and fresh strawberries. We still have fresh hot coffee every morning and other amenities such as free wi-fi in all of our rooms. For those guests with allergies we have feather free bedding and for those who need it we have handicapp accessible rooms with roll in showers.
I know your next stay will be more than worth the points. If it isn't, ask for me before you leave and we will make it right. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We have stayed here several times while visiting our daughter at college. It is an older Courtyard but it has the upgraded Courtyard lobby. On this visit, as Marriott elite members, we were upgraded to a suite and it was nice having the separate bedroom and sitting room. This hotel is on a quiet street, yet close to University Ave and the interstate. Overall it is a nice, quiet and convenient place to stay in West Des Moines/Clive.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your recent comments for your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you back after September as we will have rennovated our guestrooms and it will be a "New Stay" at the Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Clive.

Warm regards,

Holli Jordan

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I spent 4 nights here and didn't leave anything there that I would go back for. My room ws ok but very noisy. I notified management about the exterior door causing much of the noise but nothing changed. Might have been better if I had been in another part of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for comments regarding your stay. I am sorry that your stay was not as enjoyable as you would have liked. I would be delighted to have the opportunity to have you stay with us and for us to make it up to you. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to do so.

Warm Regards,

Holli Jordan

Reviewed 29 November 2011

The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. I have stayed at nicer Courtyard hotels; however, this place is fine. Close to lots of restaurants and shopping. I have stayed at nicer hotels for $150.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

I am very pleased to hear your room was clean and the staff were on their game. I am also thrilled that we have renovated our hotel so that the interior is as beautiful and functional as it is clean. And we've done it without increasing our rates.
Our hotel just finished a complete renovation. New rooms from floor to ceiling. I hope you will stay with us on your next trip through Iowa so that you can see that we have truly gone platinum when it comes to ambiance, environment and service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines-West-Clive
Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
#17 of 22 in West Des Moines

Been to Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK