“Average Business Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Omaha Nebraska
“Average Business Hotel”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. I have stayed at nicer Courtyard hotels; however, this place is fine. Close to lots of restaurants and shopping. I have stayed at nicer hotels for $150.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
I am very pleased to hear your room was clean and the staff were on their game. I am also thrilled that we have renovated our hotel so that the interior is as beautiful and functional as it is clean. And we've done it without increasing our rates.
Our hotel just finished a complete renovation. New rooms from floor to ceiling. I hope you will stay with us on your next trip through Iowa so that you can see that we have truly gone platinum when it comes to ambiance, environment and service.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We spent the weekend here and while finding the hotel itself is a bit of a challenge in the dark, the property was nice. The lobby is freshly re-done and the rooms, while not as fresh, were still nice. We had a room with a balcony, which is small, but a nice touch. Bathroom was large and the room furnishings included a big desk, small couch and a coffee table. The room had a flat screen TV that sat on the end of the desk, near the bed...it was a bit different than most rooms, but not a big deal.
The only negative came when we opened the glasses in our room. They were real glass and wrapped in a baggie with a "Sparkling Clean" sticker sealing them.. Sadly, they were anything but sparkling...it looked like they were covered in un-rinsed soap. Not sure how someone could look at that and still put it in a bag with and affix a "sparkling clean" sticker, but they did.
With that said, the staff apologized and quickly provided us with clean glasses...the fresh glasses the second day were just fine, so I'm guessing it was just a goofy error.
We had a weekend package with breakfast, which cost us an extra $10/night but was very good and, for a short-order kitchen with limited staff had several good options. Beyond that, though, for the location and hotel age/perks, I felt that the price was a little much - about $100/night.
We did notice that the mattress was more firm than what you normally find at a hotel. That worried us at first, but once you 'sunk in' a bit, it was just fine! Overall, it was a nice stay!

Room Tip: We picked a room on the top floor and, with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. It was nice and qu...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
While embarrassed that a guest would have glasses that were less than clean, I am positive that it was a one time error. I will however do some random checks just to be safe. Our hotel has just been remodeled, and along with the remodel came some new housekeeping incentives programs which rewards housekeeping staff through scores on random room inspections. This has increased our cleanliness and preparedness significantly.
Come on back and see how the new remodel looks. We will be thrilled to show you how great a stay here can be.
Hyderabad
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was on a week trip to Des Moines and I took this Hotel as it was near to my workplace. The hotel was very well maintained and the room was very good. It had all the required facilities like WIFI, swimming pool, gym, spa and other services. Breakfast was awesome. It had lot of restaurants near by and was easier to find good dinner. It is very near to the Interstate and was easier to avoid the city traffic always.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We have stayed at this facility numerous times over the years. The positives: price, convenience, and helpful staff, outweigh the negatives: highway noise, and variable quality housekeeping.
On our most recent visit, they were able to comply with a request for a courtyard room and there is a new lobby. They have changed from a breakfast buffet to a counter ordered breakfast with Starbucks coffee. This visit we were also able to reserve a room with breakfast included for two guests. Previously it was an option for only one guest and I wrote them about it. Maybe others did too or maybe this option comes and goes? I preferred the former do it yourself breakfast buffet but my spouse said her prepared breakfast was very good and served quickly and hot and I think value priced. I’m not a Starbucks fan, I never quite learned the language, so maybe I should make my own coffee in the room. While the general cleanliness of the rooms has been ok, there could be better quality control as evidenced by finding a used white sock in the corner (on a dark green carpet!) on this visit.
Sometimes I can get a good AAA rate here, which makes it a good value, and will probably return. I’ll write and suggest that they make the breakfast option variable for 1, 2, or however many by adjusting the rate, but I don’t know anything about pricing hotels.

Room Tip: Choose traffic sounds or courtyard sounds.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank herniaowner
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Great location - near all the fun activities of Des Moines and a quick trip to Adventureland. Near lots of restaurants and shopping. Lobby areas is really nice and the cafe is great. Staff was incredibly friendly. Recommend that you buy the breakfast package ($10 per adult per day; kids eat free) with the room. Breakfast was excellent. Room was very clean. The only drawback is that the swimming pool is very small - okay for the kids to play in, but you would not hang out at it for a long time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
0.5 km away
0.5 km away
Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
#17 of 22 in West Des Moines

Been to Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK