“could use a little updating but nice”

Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Lucerne, Missouri
“could use a little updating but nice”
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I stayed with my family in the 2 room king suite, room was clean but have seen nicer Courtyards. The pool areas was one of the best I've seen. The pool was warm which was real nice for a change with a ten month old an 6 year old traveling with you. The front lobby has been remolded marking the hotel look perfect but once you get to your room you'll realize only the lobby was done. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Nebraska
Reviewed 13 December 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night on a quick trip to Des Moines, we enjoyed our stay at this Marriot. They had excellent service as we were greeted with a smile and allowed early check in. They had a nice little bar/restaurant area right in the lobby, enjoyed a cocktail while lounging on a couch on a snowy night. In addition to the bar/restaurant and couch/TV they had 2 nice computers with free internet for guests in the lobby. The room and bed were comfortable. It was a positive experience for my wife and I on our short stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on the 7th through the 9th. I dined in the Bistro my last night at the Courtyard. Jacob served me and was an excellent representation of what I consider Marriott Quality to be! Food was average quality but portion was very nice. Was very pleased with my stay!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert50207
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Got a great rate on this hotel. Check in was efficient. Business center was well laid out and fully functional. Hotel had a buffet breakfast but we did not use it. Renovations in lobby were due to be completed in 1 week after our stay. We were told that a Starbuck's and a restaurant were being built. Does this mean the end of the breakfast buffet? Not sure. Pool area was quiet and clean. two things that only slightly detract from this hotel are the proximity to the freeway. Stay in one of the inside rooms or turn room fan to manual to muffle the noise. The other was on the day we were checking out the maids knocked 4 times, even with the do not disturb sign out and left the cleaning cart outside our room so we had to listen to them talk about something in room 343. 343 was not our room by the way. Fortunately the knocks occurred after 9 am and on the other days we did not hear them at all. Overall we would say it is probably one of the nicest hotels in Des Moines. We plan on staying here again. Beds are great, wife insisted I put that in.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David K
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 23 April 2010

Based on the reviews on this site, I thought that I was getting a good deal for $109 a night. The rooms was poorly maintained. I bet they don't "clean" the room every day because if they did they would not be in this bad of shape. I know that they did not clean my room. They just changed out the towels and made the bed up. In fact, one night the towels were not even replaced. I had to go and ask for towels and wash cloths. I also was greeted by a giant spider while I was in the shower.

The positives about this hotel are the location, the friendly front desk staff, free Internet and the ability to print anything that you want easily without charge.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Charles S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
0.5 km away
0.5 km away
Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
#16 of 22 in West Des Moines

Been to Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK