“Clean Comfortable Room”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Clean Comfortable Room”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Very impressed with the cleanliness of our room. We traveled with 2 adults and 3 children. Stayed in a queen suite with the sofa bed. Was a spacious room. A complaint that we had was that the pool area was quite cold. Only 1 of our children would go into the pool. There was no way my husband or I were going to at that temperature. Kind of upsets me because we stay at hotels so our children can utilize the pool. Breakfast was a great variety..which is why we usually pick Holiday Inn Express. Walmart was within walking distance, which is very convenient, and a few restaurants. The area is decent. The hotel didn't have any information about local attraction, but it was under construction. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Roseville, California
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed here on business and found this to be a very nice hotel. The breakfast was very good and it was a big area where you felt you had room and could talk (which we wanted to do before some meetings). The person managing the breakfast area was very helpful and kept things stocked. The room was fairly modern and nice. For a business trip, it's a nice place. I am not usually a big Applebee's fan, but there was one about a block away and the steak was wonderful. I am sure it's that they source the beef locally, but it was unusually good and worth the walk.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
kellysuekc
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I decided to book a room here for one night on my way to Chicago from Kansas city.
I was using priority club points for this hotel. I was assured there would be no charges to my bank card. Well, there's still a $40 pending fee. Front desk did not seem very knowledgeable or friendly. The hotel site said they were remodeling, there was a guy in the hallway sanding walls during the day, no biggie. The room was very nice and clean, king size bed was very comfortable. I did request a room on the 2 nd floor or higher in advance but they could only give me 1st floor. Large hot breakfast was one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had I would recommend you stay for breakfast no need to go anywhere else. After breakfast I planned in going ti the indoor pool, that was the reason I chose this location. The pool was too cold to swim in the maintenance guy showed up as I was caving to turn the heat back on and told me it would be warm in a few seconds. I didn't believe that could happen but I checked back in 15 minutes, still too cold. This is disappointing and will keep me from staying at thus location in the future. Not a bad hotel but I would not stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear Kellycomic,

Hello! I am glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast at our hotel. Thank you. I am also deeply sorry you were not able to swim. I would like to discuss the hold you still have on your card to make sure this has been taken care of. I have sent you a private message with more details.

Thanks again,

Katie J
IHGCare
Loudon, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This is a good spot for a stay if you're visiting Clinton. It's not in the old downtown part of town, but in the newer, urban sprawlish part of town (and compared to other towns it's not urban sprawl at all). There's a Wal-Mart nearby, and a few restaurants to choose from, and there's a small casino just up the road.

I had the bad luck of staying there while they are doing a bunch of updating to the floors and walls, so the common areas were in pretty rough shape, and it smelled bad. I'm sure once the renovations are done it will be quite nice. The staff was friendly and helpful, and my room was in great shape and it was very clean.

Breakfast was the usual spread that Holiday Inn Express puts out. The food was hot, and the breakfast area was nice and clean.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
prch,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ben J
IHG care
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The pickings for hotels in Clinton are a bit limited, but we found the Holiday Inn Express to be perfectly acceptable. Yes, it is away from "downtown Clinton", but where it is located is convenient to many amenities such as walkable to Walmart, Target and Applebee's. Pretty much you need a car anywhere you go in Clinton, so the location did not bother us.
The room was clean and fine for a family of 4, with a fridge to keep our beverages cold. When we stayed, they were repainting the outside of the hotel so the windows were blocked off with plastic which felt a little claustrophobic. The painters also used power spray painters which left a little overspray residue on our car in the short time we pulled in to go to the reception area but luckily it washed off.
The beds were fairly comfortable, but the pillows, while given a choice of firm or soft, were both fairly lumpy.
We used the indoor swimming pool which was very small but fine for the kids to play in. They provided pool towels which they kept adequately stocked. The breakfasts were very filling with choices of hot selections (eggs, sausage, cinnamon buns, etc) and make-your-own pancakes, as well as cold selections such as yogurts, cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, juices, etc. They had juices, coffee and hot chocolate or tea available all day in the lobby. The woman refreshing the breakfasts was very friendly and made sure everything was well stocked.
All in all a fine place to stay in Clinton.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AllieKate_mom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
0.9 km away
Super 8 Clinton
#6 of 9 in Clinton
27.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Le Claire Riverfront - Davenport

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK