“Great breakfasts!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Chicago, IL
“Great breakfasts!”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The pickings for hotels in Clinton are a bit limited, but we found the Holiday Inn Express to be perfectly acceptable. Yes, it is away from "downtown Clinton", but where it is located is convenient to many amenities such as walkable to Walmart, Target and Applebee's. Pretty much you need a car anywhere you go in Clinton, so the location did not bother us.
The room was clean and fine for a family of 4, with a fridge to keep our beverages cold. When we stayed, they were repainting the outside of the hotel so the windows were blocked off with plastic which felt a little claustrophobic. The painters also used power spray painters which left a little overspray residue on our car in the short time we pulled in to go to the reception area but luckily it washed off.
The beds were fairly comfortable, but the pillows, while given a choice of firm or soft, were both fairly lumpy.
We used the indoor swimming pool which was very small but fine for the kids to play in. They provided pool towels which they kept adequately stocked. The breakfasts were very filling with choices of hot selections (eggs, sausage, cinnamon buns, etc) and make-your-own pancakes, as well as cold selections such as yogurts, cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, juices, etc. They had juices, coffee and hot chocolate or tea available all day in the lobby. The woman refreshing the breakfasts was very friendly and made sure everything was well stocked.
All in all a fine place to stay in Clinton.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AllieKate_mom
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 October 2010

I saw the other reviews but I thought this place was a little pricey for my budget. Fortunately, I ran into a discount that made it more affordable for me, so I booked it. I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly. The room was very clean. I did not try the breakfast bar, but it looked to have a good selection. My room had a microwave, mircro fridge, comfortable king bed, TV, internet WI-FI, desk, couch, roomy bathroom, environmental controls, layered curtains to block light, plastic cups, plates, bowls, and plastic-ware packs with salt/pepper. It seems like they thought of everything.
The pool (I think it was a around 5ft) and work out room (3 machines) were small, but would do the job for short stay...plus a work out place is right across the street if you want to do more. The business center consisted of a computer/printer at a desk just off the lobby. Granted these amenities were small, but they fit the bill and considering it is a hotel in a small town, it was great to find lodging were these all exist at all.
There hotel is walking distance from Target, Walmart, Applebees, Office Max, and several other stores. It is only about 3-4 miles from Ashford university...enter Manufacture rd from the Target drive way and it is straight shot until you get to the left turn to park at Ashford University. It was also easy to find my way from the Moline airport.
The only detractor was the noise of the person above me and an unfortunate fire alarm one morning...on the bright side, it was good to know the fire alert system works. The staff quickly got the situation assessed and peace restored so guests could return to whatever they were doing.
Clinton seemed like a nice small town and I was there to attend an event. It was nice opportunity to step away from the hustle and bustle of my normal schedule. The front desk personnel and housekeeping staff that I encountered were all very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank CVtravel
St. Louis
Reviewed 24 August 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel two nights August 21 and 22 for his high school reunion. I discovered all the rave reviews on Trip Advisor were well-founded as we checked in. The place smelled fresh and clean and had been recently painted - always a good sign. Means they want to maintain the place to a high standard. We stayed in Room 230. The room was spotless and very comfortable. Beds were soft and we each had ample pillows. Also, the soundproofing is excellent. We never heard our neighbors. To be fair, we had a corner room, but we never heard anyone in the halls or in the room next to ours.

The bathroom was very well-furnished with plenty of towels for each of us. The shower was fun because of the three different settings. There do not appear to be any treads on the shower floor to keep you from slipping, so be careful. Only one little nitpick here: the shower exhaust fan doesn't work well and took nearly 40 minutes to clear out the steam and unfog the mirror, but so what. Everything else about it was fine so I'll overlook that.

It was such a nice treat to have a nice warm breakfast waiting for us in the lobby area every morning. Quite a nice selection, too. Yoplait yogurt in several flavors, hard-boiled eggs, skim milk in little cartons, scrambled eggs or cheese omlets, bacon, sausage, toast, bagals, cinnamon rolls, and four choices of name-brand cereals. Every morning. I'm not kidding. And it's really good food, too!

The staff was courteous and helpful. Many thanks to Clay the desk clerk/supervisor who was more than accommodating in replacing our broken refrigerator in five minutes of having called him. Now that's service! Try getting that attention anywhere else.

Oh, did I mention their pool? I swam for about a half hour both days I was there and really enjoyed it, and I'm very particular when it comes to pools. If they even remotely appear nasty, forget it. But this pool's great! The water was sparkling clean and the temperature was comfortable. Plenty of towels available. Awesome!

In summary, if you find yourself in Clinton, Iowa, stay at this place. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed 10 June 2009

Was in Clinton to attend a funeral, so this was the perfect location as it's right across the street from the cemetary (Springfield). Room was very large, very comfortable, with a larger than usual frig and a microwave that may or may not have worked.

Generous and comfy queen with both soft and firm pillows, comfortable sofa, and clean. The room was truly ready despite our early check-in needs with frig running and a/c going. Nice clean windows that really open.

Staff was accomodating and very helpful. An early checkin was arranged for both rooms I booked. When we left, I left my leather jacket in my second room. A member of the housekeeping staff came running out to catch me before I left the premises.

The HIE is nestled in a shopping center with Target and some other chain retailers. Not pretty views, but busy and comfortable. If I need to go to Clinton again, I will absolutely stay here, and would recommend that anyone else do the same.

Privately owned HIE.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 1 December 2008

Room was a standard king.
Holiday Inn Express does an excellent job keeping their hotels uniform.
Room was huge, quiet, bright & very clean, with dorm fridge. Bed was very comfortable & sheets were clean.
Breakfast was great & staff was very friendly with lots of smiles from every employee. The entire building had that "new building smell".
I'll stay here again.

• Liked — Located in a quiet area
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Favre440
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
0.9 km away
Super 8 Clinton
#6 of 9 in Clinton
27.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Le Claire Riverfront - Davenport

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK