The pickings for hotels in Clinton are a bit limited, but we found the Holiday Inn Express to be perfectly acceptable. Yes, it is away from "downtown Clinton", but where it is located is convenient to many amenities such as walkable to Walmart, Target and Applebee's. Pretty much you need a car anywhere you go in Clinton, so the location did not bother us.
The room was clean and fine for a family of 4, with a fridge to keep our beverages cold. When we stayed, they were repainting the outside of the hotel so the windows were blocked off with plastic which felt a little claustrophobic. The painters also used power spray painters which left a little overspray residue on our car in the short time we pulled in to go to the reception area but luckily it washed off.
The beds were fairly comfortable, but the pillows, while given a choice of firm or soft, were both fairly lumpy.
We used the indoor swimming pool which was very small but fine for the kids to play in. They provided pool towels which they kept adequately stocked. The breakfasts were very filling with choices of hot selections (eggs, sausage, cinnamon buns, etc) and make-your-own pancakes, as well as cold selections such as yogurts, cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, juices, etc. They had juices, coffee and hot chocolate or tea available all day in the lobby. The woman refreshing the breakfasts was very friendly and made sure everything was well stocked.
All in all a fine place to stay in Clinton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clinton is located in a newly developed business district on US HWY 30 and HWY 67. We feature many restaurants within walking distance such as: Applebee's, King Buffet, Pizza Hut, and Burger King. Other local restaurants are within 10 to 15 minutes of the hotel. We have a micro-brewery downtown that features a wonderful selection of tasty treats. If you are in for Italian, Rastrelli's would be our choice. We also have a sports bar called Time Out, for those moments needed after a hard day at work or play! We offer high speed Internet, microwaves, coffee makers and refrigerators in every room. The Quad-City International Airport is approximately 30 miles north. There are plenty of activities in the Clinton area to entice the young and the old. Within driving distance you can walk the historic shops of Galena, IL or eagle watch at the lock and dam across the river. We have a variety of parks for picnics, or for the fitness minded we have two bike paths with a scenic view of the Mississippi River. Area businesses include ADM, Data Dimensions, Lyondell Equistar, and Rock Tenn. Come and enjoy a wonderful stay at our hotel, we will be waiting for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Clinton Hotel Clinton
- Holiday Inn Clinton
- Clinton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton Iowa