All reviews desk clerk was friendly and helpful fairfield inn dog show business trip cheryl carpet
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Again, Worst hotel experience in my life. I reserved the hotel around 9pm as I was in stopping in town for the night. When I arrived at the hotel, I was met by an extremely rude and dismissive staff, and terrible hotel conditions. I left and took my business elsewhere, calling later that night to cancel my reservation. Later I find that the charge for the room is still on my credit card statement so I call the hotel to clear it up, where I was met on the phone by the same disgusting manager from my visit. She dismissed everything I said basically calling me a liar, and said she will not be refunding my price because YOUR STAFF doesn't have record of me cancelling. Not my fault. Will be putting reviews anywhere and everywhere I can, and writing a letter to the editor in the Cedar Rapids News paper.

Room Tip: Do not book a room here.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I like Red Roof Inns, seek them out if location is right. Good value. I was happy with this one until almost ready to go. Bugs on the floor saw 8, went to desk twice with bugs, they blew me off, avoid

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We we're only booked for one night....good thing. When we arrived they checked us in to a room and it was 90°. We went downstairs and were asked if we had turned on the heat?! Really?! When we requested our money back they miraculously found us a room with a working air conditioner.

The rooms were no smoking but there were cigarette burns in the bed cover. The TV worked and our room did stay cool. They offered breakfast but we left very early and missed it.

The exterior needs painting and it looked very rundown. Kids were running up and down the hall, with them occasionally banging on the door, until after 10 pm.

It was not a great night....

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This property on another website is rated 3 stars - how I do not know. The exterior hadn't been painted in years, the hallways were ok with your eyes closed, the room basic - ok to sleep and leave after bathing.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

The room appeared clean but the musty smell was not pleasant , to say the least. The bed was comfortable and the lady at the desk was very nice. Breakfast wasn't much but for the price we survived. Just passing through but one night is enough.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple