“Tuesday, May 25th lunch visit.”
Review of The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig
Ranked #30 of 426 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 28 May 2021

My wife and I, along with 2 friends, visited shortly before noon. It was getting busy at that time. We were greeted right away, and sat at a table just inside the front door. I server was great! She took great care of us from start to finish. Very nice indeed! I ordered the Nachos, with pork. My wife ordered the Tenderloin sandwich. The nachos were fantastic! It was a nice looking plate, and it was very flavorful. I would absolutely order those again. My wifes Tenderloin sandwich was equally as satisfying as the nachos. It was a large tenderloin, and it was very juicy. So good! I also would not hesitate to get that sandwich again. This was our first visit to the Blind Pig. I hope to be back again soon.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

Great restaurant! Highly impressed with the food and the service. From the outside you may think twice but don’t, it was the best food we had all week.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 8 November 2020

We're from out of town and meet our adult kids monthly for dinner in CR. The kids chose this restaurant this month as they know we're always about good bar food and drinks. And we ONLY go where staff wears masks. That is a must. And they did. We were not disappointed. They have a great appetizer selection as well as sandwiches and burgers. I think they were called Pig out nachos, they were good, but too many chips without topping on many chips. Fried jalapeno cheese curds were great. Tenderloin and house made chips were awesome and burgers all around the table were reported as fantastic. This is one of the best Tloins I have ever had. I took half home. I heated up left over chips the next day and they were still crisp! Great service - did not want for anything. Food served prompt and hot. Drinks cold. Will put this in our monthly rotation!

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank Lauri W
Reviewed 21 October 2020

My wife and I decided to give the Blind Pig a try after learning their breaded tenderloins finished in the top five this year according to the Iowa Pork Producers. We ordered a tenderloin to go which included fries. We were told it would take about fifteen minutes. We got there early and paid in advance. The place was very busy around 12;20 with the noonday crowd but most patrons were masked and practiced distancing. We took our order home and split the sandwich which was very good as were the fries. However, the price of $13.38 was a bit of a shocker. I wondered what the price was before their recent top five rating. I can get outstanding tenderloins at a number of places in Linn and Jones counties from $5.99 to $8.50 with the fries, if desired,for $2.00 more.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank wilkmeister
Reviewed 18 March 2020 via mobile

They delivered to our car (due to the Coronavirus). We had a fun “picnic” in our car. While we waited for our food, my sons threw around a football and rode around on scooters in their large parking lot. Staff was very friendly.

Date of visit: March 2020