“Not for those in a wheel chair”

Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Cedar Rapids
“Not for those in a wheel chair”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I booked the room because it was labled "accessible". The bathroom was ok .but I couldn't get around the bed and dresser to get into the bed. The other side of the bed was to close to the wall to access that side. I wound up having my fiancee move the matress everytime I needed to go to the other side of the room. Glad it was only one night. I have had similar experiences at other hotels. Companies need to distinguish between accessible rooms and wheelchair accessible rooms. But I would definetly recommend this hotel for able bodied friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ottumwa, Iowa
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We were looking online (expedia and trip advisor) and the key word I look for is "CLEAN". And about $60-70 per night. Every list of reviews is going to have someone complaining, and someone complimenting, so I'll say this: We'd stay here again. It was clean. The bed was better than average. The shower worked and was clean. Toilet worked and was clean. The AC was a little odd and the clock always gave the wrong time no matter what we did, which just seemed funny more than annoying My wife detected a musty odor upon first entering the room, and the windows don't open, but the ac on full for a few minutes solved that problem. Just trying to let you know as much as i can so you can make a decision. And of course, it seems like every stay is different. I met the manager, and I think if there was a problem, he would do his best to resolve it. All in all, for a budget property, a B+ or an A-, which, for the money is .... an A overall. Safe travels, folks. Oh, one more thing. I think it says something nice about the people who run the hotel that pop in the vending machine is still a dollar. I've been in hotels where it's $2.50 for a soda, and once, saw $3.50.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Marknew91
dayscdr, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thanks for your responds.Guest satisfaction is our first goal.I want to thank you from Daysinn and suites team of guest services and front desk staff.
pankaj
Missouri City, TX
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Rooms were very clean!!! Comfortable beds and many pillows. Hotel staff was very friendly. Breakfast was well stocked and area was clean. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Manon C
Me and my expirience front desk staff appericiate this valueble comments.
Thanks again.
pankaj
Kansas City
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We were on the no smoking floor (2) and found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. We had a regular king room and it was really comfortable. The minifridge and microwave were very clean. We didn't use the maid service. The breakfast was warm and well stocked. The hotel was only at half-occupancy so the breakfast area was not too busy. Bathroom was clean, but they don't have a good exhaust system for steam. The only glitch was the clock in the room. It seemed to move forward about two hours overnight. We let the front desk know upon departure. Good value and will probably stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank themuskrat
Waverly, Iowa
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Never have a problem here. the breakfast is good. Nice pool. fairly clean, prices are good, service usually fine. The only complaint: LODGERS LIKE TO SIT AROUND THE BREAKFAST AREA AFTER THEY HAVE EATEN WHEN THERE ARE SITTING AREAS IN THE LOBBY TEN FEET AWAY!!! I have always found that rude. We stay here a couple time a year.

Room Tip: Go high the rooms are quieter there.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daryl'sadork
dayscdr, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thank you for providing your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

I agree with you, we are proud of our staff, their friendliness and professionalism. We train our staff continuously and make sure they excel in our "Service Promise" that focuses on Guest Service, Housekeeping and Cleanliness.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 319 378 3948.

P.K