All reviews soup new orleans clean rooms enjoyed my stay tiki hojo bartender casino
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Thank you the owners and the staff of Howard Johnson , Burlington, Iowa.j we were there for three nights for a wedding.

It was the most comfortable place to stay, very clean rooms and very friendly staff.
The owners were very friendly and approachable. Our kids had a blast in the swimming pool .

Would definitely go there again

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you so much for your review! I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations while visiting us. I have passed along your kind words to our staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

A fantastic hotel All around. Great, staff, great rooms, tiki bar and the bartender was great, and an amazing pool. Hotel and rooms are well kept, neat and clean.

Visited with my entire family and stayed for 4 nights.

Can't wait to be back, next time will be staying for over a week.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will let our staff know how much you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

The mattresses are 100 years old. They have a dip in them in the middle, very uncomfortable. The rooms smelled moldy! The pool area was beautiful, wish the rooms had been that nice. Not impressed, actually embarrassed that I had the entire wedding party and guests book there.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your review. We take pride in offering our guests with a great clean place to stay. I am sorry you felt we did not meet those expectations while staying here. We would have gladly moved your room had we known of the issue you were having. I checked our log book and we did not have any complaints that weekend with the wedding party, I wish you would have brought them to our attention while staying here so we could have corrected things for you. I again appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us a second chance in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We checked in to our room at approx. 1:30. A.M. Very tired and just needed to rest. My mother and fathers room was in a construction zone, partially taped off, plastic sheeting and tarps on the floors, lose plywood boards in front of their door. Room 102, it smelled very, very bad. Mom slipped on the sheeting, (she's 75 and it wasnt' good). We also rented SEVERAL other rooms that, we were in a wedding party. When we entered each room, they all smelled the same. GROSS, even the bedding, but again, we were tired and dealt with it. When the morning came, I went to the front office to complian, expecting some type of compensation for each of us, we were given a whole 10 percent off, really. If Mom would have been very badly hurt, we'd been given a whole lot more than 10 percent. I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. My mom's door and my sister's door, had been repaired where someone had broken in and damaged the door jamb. That should have been signs enough NOT to stay here. Hotels just don't care anymore. WE rented 8 rooms, NEVER AGAIN. DON'T stay here.

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE. WE spend over $800 what a waste.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I do apologize that you felt inconvenienced during your stay with us. I would like to first assure you that the rooms you stayed in were never "broken" into. In the future please let us know that you are not pleased with the rooms you checked into as we would have happily moved you to another room. The other rooms in your wedding party had no issues or complaints. If you would like to discuss your room in futher detail please contact us directly. Thank you again for your feedback.