“I'll never eat Taco Bell again!”
Review of Taco John's

Taco John's
Ranked #18 of 34 Restaurants in Boone
Description: At Taco John's®, we serve traditional Mexican food-with a twist. By fusing bold American flavors with south-of-the-border spice, we've defined our signature menu. From our trademark Potato Olés® and freshly prepared tacos to our infamous breakfast burritos and made-in-house tortilla chips, you'll always find something to crush your craving. Come see why our customers become life-long fans. Visit at Taco John's Boone today.
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

This was my first time eating at any Taco John's and the food was incredible! We ordered the little potatoes, the super burrito (but with chicken not beef) and some churros. I love that they made all of the food fresh to order. Nothing laying in a warming tray for hours on end. I can't wait to go back to another Taco John's!

Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

My husband and I decided to get Taco Johns for dinner and had planned on a 6-pack and a pound, 2 nacho cheese cups and we had a coupon for a free meat and potato burrito that we were going to split. I told them in the drive thru that we had a coupon and ordered as normal. They told me my total and I thought it was way too high. So, while still at the drive thru speaker, I said, you got the free meat and potato burrito coupon on there right?" The guy said, "I got that". So we go to pay and they shut the window so fast after you hand them your card that you don't have a chance to speak. So, I waited for the receipt...$3.69 too much. They had charged us for the burrito. We proceeded to tell the guy (all we wanted was either the money back or another burrito) he offered us a $2 coupon and I said no. That's half the price, basically! So he asked his manager what to do and she said, "it's too late." So, I asked to speak with her and she refused to come to the window! So I asked again, she said there's nothing we can do...making this young kid at the window tell us...which is WRONG! That poor kid.I've worked in customer service for 10 +years and that is a NO, NO! So, as you can imagine at this point, I was furious. Then some random guy came over and gave us the money back. Which was great but I guess I don't understand how a manager can be like that and still have a job. Being a manager means you handle situations like that....and she didn't do a darn thing. I guess if you have a coupon, make sure you tell them before you hand your card over.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My wife and I ordered to go from the store counter. After waiting ten minutes outside (we had the dog so couldn't eat in) and checking every couple minutes, I asked the worker about our food. He looked sheepish, said he thought we had already got it, walked back to the kitchen with our receipt in hand. Before he came back I saw him hand it to someone else in the kitchen. He then came back and said they were almost done with it. 5 minutes later and we had our food. May as well have gotten take out from La Carreta. If the worker would have acknowledged the mistake and been up front, we would certainly give them another chance. Oh well.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I love eating at our Taco John's, I think the food tastes fresher than others I've eaten at. That said, check your food before you leave (drive through) to make sure all is there. The servers change frequently and some are just not as good as others. Over all, the food is great and that's really what you care about...right? :o)

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Good food at reasonable prices, service is outstanding and help is very friendly. Carpet really needs cleaning, though

Been to Taco John's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK