“bad but closed now.”

Big G's Log Cabin BBQ
Ranked #27 of 34 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We ate there for meetings several times. The last time I ordered a burger thinking they couldn't mess it up too bad. The bun was dry and crunchy. The meat was o.k. but nothing great.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

I've been coming to Big G's since he was selling sandwiches out of his food truck. When he opened a restaurant we would come at least once or twice a month. He had the greatest smoked Prime Rib. I thought he had the best smoke of the two Bar-b-que places in town. Tonight we ordered his chicken & ribs. The gal who answered said they only one half chicken left, so I ordered one combo and one just ribs. It was carryout, and we live way out in the country so there was no way to know what it would be like. OMG, the chicken was so overcooked, dry and had a horrible flavor, as did the ribs. Hub had a different kind of ribs and thought his was ok. My french fries tasted like they were cooked in old grease. The only thing good was the beans. Yuck! $30 wasted, but never again.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have been here on numerous occasions and every time me and my fiance go we love the food. The Cheese Balls are to die for (Seriously they are a MUST try) The pulled pork is the only food in Boone my girly will eat, always cooked well and tastes great, as for me I've tried almost all of the burgers and just can't stop coming back, the jalapeno buns are so yummy with such good tasting meat, through my journeys cooking for popular chains I just can't figure out what he does to make it taste so damn good!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I love Big G's! The good is great and moderately priced. The staff are really helpful and nice. We go anytime we have family in town.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We eat here at least once or twice a month. Best smoke of any around! Nice homey atmosphere, we love this place!