“An interesting, unknown treaure”

Fanimation Antique Fan Museum
Ranked #5 of 11 things to do in Zionsville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Went with a group of ladies to visit the Fanimation Antique Fan Museum. Knew nothing about it ahead of time, except for seeing the flyer and looking at their website. The owner, Tom, gave us a tour and showed us so many interesting fans and
Explained how fans have evolved over the centuries. Two floors of fans back to the 19th century....pedal powered, gas powered, alcohol powered, electric powered...they have it all! Fans from Taiwan, The Czech Republic, England, USA, India, hotels, trains, etc. So much to see and learn about!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"fun"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 6 July 2016

I took the grand kids here and they loved looking at the various exhibits. They had so much fun and didn't want to leave. For me, well, I saw my own toys as a child in the glass cases. What???

Reviewed 13 May 2015 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting family in Westfield and were searching for things to do in surrounding communities and found the information on trip advisors. When I mentioned it to the family they questioned if there would be much to see. It was very interesting. All agreed upon when we left it was worth the drive and time. They have over 450 fans dating back to the 1800s to present. The building is owned by the company Fanimation and they make antique replicas and custom fans. Worth your time

1  Thank 158carolh
Reviewed 22 April 2015

An engineer friend and I were looking for something to do that was educational and didn't cost a lot in terms of admission and driving time. If you're in the area and have an hour or two to spend, this is a great destination. Many of the fan exhibits took me back to my childhood when I remembered seeing the fans they had in their home. What is interesting to us was to observe the evolution of fan technology through the decades. Some were dead ends (like the fan that cooled by burning gas), others gave rise to even better designs. Definitely will return there again. Exhibit rooms are very clean and well arranged.

1  Thank ddubya27