“Eclectic Electrics (and other types, too)”

Fanimation Antique Fan Museum
Ranked #5 of 11 things to do in Zionsville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 22 April 2015

An engineer friend and I were looking for something to do that was educational and didn't cost a lot in terms of admission and driving time. If you're in the area and have an hour or two to spend, this is a great destination. Many of the fan exhibits took me back to my childhood when I remembered seeing the fans they had in their home. What is interesting to us was to observe the evolution of fan technology through the decades. Some were dead ends (like the fan that cooled by burning gas), others gave rise to even better designs. Definitely will return there again. Exhibit rooms are very clean and well arranged.

1  Thank ddubya27
in 6 reviews
"fun"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 14 April 2015

I visited the museum on a lark. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the diversity and number of fans on display. It was quite obvious the owner has a love for the history of fans.
The visiting area is quite informative on the history of fans and the presentation is to be commended. I highly recommend a visit if in the area.

1  Thank Indyman500
Reviewed 31 October 2014

They have some amazing fans here. Although it's small it was fun. A few of us went over for a brief visit and really enjoyed it!

2  Thank bsnestrvler
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Last year while my 'out of town' family was visiting, we took a little trip to the Fanimation Museum. What a delightful surprise!!! Saw some very interesting antique fans. I had no idea they even existed! Then there were the more modern and exotic ones! Such a variety. A very fun experience!!! Would definitely return!

5  Thank Pat M