“Great place for Indian delicacies”

Sai Shaukin Indian Fast Food
Ranked #25 of 145 Restaurants in West Lafayette
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 30 March 2016

We were in lafayette to visit a cousin of mine and planned to drop in at this place for some light dinner. The place was full, though bit small but neat and well maintained. the cost was reasonable and dishes were yummy. Quantity was very sufficient. A definite come back.very friendly people and even though it was bit crowded the service was very quick and good. We tried the chat platter & the newly introduced puri sabzi & shrikhand..the best ever..

Reviewed 22 November 2015

I ordered a Dahi Puri and a Pani Puri. The Pani Puri was absolutely delicious! I was astounded at how authentic it tasted. The Dahi Puri was great too, but the flavours were a little too explosive for my taste. I will definitely be back for more! Also, the staff was extremely friendly! Shaukin is a must-try if you like Indian street food!

Reviewed 5 November 2015

I am a regular customer of Shaukin. Himanshu and Minal are the nicest, friendliest people I have met in a restaurant, and their service and cooking skills are unsurpassed. I have never had a single complaint about any of their food, except that it is a little bit expensive, but I can still eat all I want for around $10 and usually take some home. Keep up the exceptional work! I also want to comment about the most recent negative comment. The writer complained about the buffet. But Shaukin doesn't have a buffet, except on certain occasions. It is Indian street food, and each item is prepared after you order. It is always fresh, and exactly the right temperature. There is nothing negative about my experiences at Shaukin Indian Fast Food.

1  Thank Paula J
Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

I was told that the indian restaurants at purdue are not that great, but when i went into shaunkeen and had the well known dish 'pav bhaji' it changed my perception because it tasted almost like you are having it in india. Though a little over the priced then india but, okay for an average meal cost in usa.

2  Thank Travel_amazingly_007
Reviewed 29 August 2015

During our visit to Purdue University , we went twice to this restaurant. They have almost everything on their menu. We were group of 20 persons and the service was equally good.