All reviews front desk waffles breakfast bar a great nights sleep shower curtain staff were all friendly hot tub breakfast attendant hotel staff only stayed one night would stay here again free breakfast fresh fruit clean rooms sausage ruth elevator
Reviewed 17 August 2018

This was a last moment trip were I was in the car and needed a room for the night. The night manager was more than helpful when I called the hotel. Got a very nice room and a good rate. I will stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

My husband, daughter, and I stayed at this property for a bowling tournament last Friday night and I was visiting my sister that had her baby in a town near by. We enjoyed our stay for the most part. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We loved having two separate tvs so I could watch what I wanted and my daughter could watch what she wanted.

There were a few drawbacks. I had my husband check in even though the reservation was under my name. We were together, he just ran in and checked in quickly, we were on a time crunch to get to where we needed to go. The front desk representative, Nick, told my husband that I needed to show him my ID because the reservation was under my name. I found that to be anal-retentive and pointless especially since the hotel reservation had been paid in full and we have the same last name.

The acoustics in the hallway and rooms are awful. The individuals above us were closing doors and walking across the floor loudly. Our room even shook. At about 4 am in the morning a lady spent 10 minutes filling up ice in a plastic bag outside our room. It was echoing inside of our room and almost woke our child up. The hotel should look into getting some sound barriers.

We didn't have breakfast the next morning because it was extremely busy and crowded in the dining area. If we stay again we may try it.

Overall the stay wasn't bad, but improvements could be made for the sound issues and for hotel staff to use common sense.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2018

This was our first stay here and enjoyed it very much. We had a handicap accessible room that was very comfortable. I suggested an improvement that they could make in the bathroom and received a nice return e-mail saying they were going to look into it. The hot breakfast items had a good selection, even to show which ones might be vegan. Things were kept full. This hotel was easy to get to.

Room Tip: no elevator so accessible rooms are on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hoosierhoney40
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The front desk staff were gracious. There was one housekeeper that was rude. Breakfast was real good but will never come back after what I witnessed. A desk clerk was being very badly treated by the breakfast lady. Desk clerk was being berated for putting pan in wrong place.
This was handled very unprofessionally. She had the desk clerk in tears.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank sb5462018
Dawn W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you for taking tbe time to submit a review. Thank you for brining this to our attention. I am very disapointed to hear this and sorry you had to witness this kind of behavior on your trip. Please rest assured that we take matters if the nature very seriously and this will be addressed with the employee invoved. We certainly hope to have the oppritunity to better your experience with us whenever your travel needs bring tou back to Valparaiso.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I've stayed at many Fairfield Inns over the years. The newer hotels are much nicer than the older ones. That being the case, this Fairfield Inn is an older version. The lobby area gives you the impression you're at a budget hotel. The room was renovated with the bathtub replaced by a walk-in shower. Unfortunately the shower curtain bar was curved out and the shower curtain did not go down to the floor so the bathroom floor got soaked. After notifying the front desk, the curtain was replaced immediately. We would likely look at other hotels the next time we visit.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple