“Perfect Stop for Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Our family had just visited the Children's Museum so it was a short walk to the Clabber Girl Bake Shop for lunch and we were not disappointed. Everying from the sandwiches to the salads to the fresh baked cookies made it a perfect spot for our lunch. Very enjoyable!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I hit a national home-cooked food chain 4x’s during our trip from upstate NY to MO. I came across this gem before we started back home.

We programmed our Garmin and easily found the Clabber Girl Bake Shop after a short tour of Terre Haute. Though not right off the exit, it really didn’t add much time at all to our travel time. We arrived around 1:30 pm and found plenty of parking in the lot right across the street.

We chose breakfast offerings. I thought the prices were very reasonable... my husband got an omelette and I got two Mexican Egg Tacos. They were tasty and just the right portion. We also split a delicious Key Lime Mini Torte. I think I would have enjoyed the homemade soups, too! The menu had everything from pork sandwiches to Quinoa Bowls.
The service was prompt...you order out the counter. The short wait gave just enough time to find take some pictures of the rich historic setting and settle on a place to sit. It was a very pleasant way to stretch our legs.

I took a quick tour of the museum and chose some unique and practical items branded with the Clabber Girl signage.

The dessert actually cost more than my entree... but was so good it was worth every bite. We also spent a little more than expected on some of the souvenirs... but they were well-made kitchen items and baking products.

It was a very pleasant break and fun way to experience this local gem.. so rich in history... just wish we had more time to spend... the Clabber Girl Plant was right there, too!

Reviewed 11 July 2018

A most go in Terre Haute, it takes you back to the past. Coffee is very good and baked goods are yummy!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Caveat is that I just had a quick breakfast- no baked goods which I’m sure are very good. Cheddar and egg sandwich was very rich- the biscuit was tasty but seemed to be sopped in butter which would have been fine if it didn’t have eggs and cheese on top. Coffee was kind of harsh and, I’m not sure if this is a regional thing, but they only put out half/half for coffee. Girl seemed confused when I asked for milk (and I had to ask a couple of times because she kept pointing to the half/half). Service was curt, no smiles. Hoping for more friendly for my one day in Indiana.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I ordered a sandwich and a piece of red velvet cake. No drink. No chips. I paid $15 for the sandwich and cake. The sandwich was good but not great. The cake seemed average to me but it was a generous portion. I enjoyed the step back in time and also bought some of the items from their small store which were also over priced ($8.49 for a 19.5 ounce bottle of Macho Mustard barbecue sauce, $5 for a 3 ounce bag of Blue Cheese Jalapeno baked corn puffs, $9.75 for a 8.5 oz jar of Pumpkin Butter). I believe in supporting local businesses...but when the prices are as steep as these, it's a "One and Done" for me. I'm guessing that they have to have the prices this high to cover the over head since it's in an "off the beaten path" location in an old building that likely requires more money to heat and air condition. So if you haven't been here, by all means, go for the experience. I'm glad I did, but it's too pricey to be on the list of places that I routinely patronize. The breakfast menu did have more reasonable prices...so maybe I will go back just for breakfast if I happen to be near the area.