All reviews room was clean pancake maker notre dame an older hotel friendly desk clerk bed frame friday morning following morning free internet excellent stay convenient location very nice hotel staff was very friendly refinishing cereal inns university
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is almost exactly like every other Quality Inn. Room is clean and comfortable. Microwave, mini-fridge, cable TV, free internet, etc. Breakfast is the usual "prefab" hot food, and reasonable selection of cold foods. Certainly better than budget hotels, but not particularly impressive. Check-in was a little slow, but not a serious problem.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend who is African American walked back into the hotel this morning after stepping outside for a brief moment and the lady at the front desk chased him down to ask him what was his name and what was his room number.He thought he had done something wrong and he didn’t. The lady told him she was trying to keep up with every guest that walked in and out of the hotel,but she didn’t ask the other guest(white) that where also in the lobby when my boyfriend African American walked back in. He felt insulted. The (white) guest told my boyfriend out of there own mouth that the lady didn’t ask them anything. There should be a registration log or sheet behind the desk if she wanted to know every guest that was staying and stayed in that hotel!!!!!! That was not the proper way to handle things!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank bree w
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel was ok yet had limited selection on breakfast food as compared to those surrounding them. K. Patel at the front desk picked me out all the guests in this lobby and asked my room and name and when I asked why she replied”were trying to keep up with all the guest in the hotel” well there were at least 20 guest in the lobby me the only person of color. It bothered me because she said she knew all the guests and wen I asked her who was who she could not tell me one name. I asked several guest that checked in last night when I did were they checked in by me Patel (all Caucasian) they all said no. I travel a lot and it is offensive to be tracked down and questioned like u were under investigation at a hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to any one passing through South Bend Indiana. There again u get what u pay for.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank monstaamusements
Reviewed 8 June 2018

A bra was left behind that the male housekeeper "did not find" on the bed. Staff tried to cover it up, refusing to confirm that the bra was disposed and said that she herself would have taken my bra home for herself. Disgusting.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank alanisruiz
Quality I, Manager at Quality Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

We apologize that you lost your bra. I can assure you that no one on our staff has taken it. The male housekeeper that you mentioned cleans rooms with his wife. He did not take it, nor does the front desk clerk want it for herself. There is no cover up for anything.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Quality Inn is an affordable place to stay! It is not super fancy and you get what you pay for. Rooms were clean and comfortable. They included a fridge. Location is very close to the highway! The free breakfast was really good. There was a large variety, with hot foods included. There was also a pancake maker and a mini waffle maker. Staff was very friendly! Room do not seem to be very sound proof, so if you are looking for a quieter stay, do not get a room near the pool. The person who checked us in was very helpful and offered us this option.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends