All reviews notre dame one night stay yogurt staff was friendly bend convention university
Reviewed 27 July 2016

great bar atmosphere , ok price for the rest of the year, but an extreme price for special events; such as football games stains on carpets.. poor bathroom exhaust fans..o/w staff friendly and helpful

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank richd335
Reviewed 26 July 2016

While the staff made up for a lot, unfortunately there were a lot of things they had to make up for. The price was great, but you get what you pay for at this motel. The breakfast was adequate—there were limited options—it's hard to go wrong with hard boiled eggs, yogurt cups and bagels. They did have three types of cereal, apples, white bread, muffins and danish as well. There was a choice of orange or apple juice, coffee and hot water that was almost hot enough to make tea with. The rooms have been updated and look great, but the mattress was very uncomfortable. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in spite of these shortcomings, in large part to the helpful staff making up for them.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Brenda W
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

While the hotel has all the amenities of a 4 star hotel, my room had a mustiness to it, and my allergies were in revolt for a while. The room has a refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom is adequate, but no grab bar in the tub for safety.The staff was cordial and accommodating. If people make the place, we can see why the hotel maintains its rating. Great, welcoming staff. Having a car is preferable to not having one since things are spread out in South Bend . The shuttle from the airport was exactly where they said it would be when I finally walked out front door after storms delayed our departure out of Chicago. Nice fitness room with free weights and machines but only 1 treadmill. Indoor pool and spa plus outdoor pool. One negative for me, included continental breakfast was served on styrofoam plates. Yuk! Give me hard, heavy plates if not dishes.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Our room smelled bad and there were stains on the carpet. The shower did not drain well so within minutes, I was standing in water. The outdoor pool looked appealing until I saw how cloudy the water was. The breakfast was not as nice as in other restaurants. The inside of the hotel was very attractive-dark wood and nice decorations, indoor pool area.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ruth R
Reviewed 12 July 2016

My wife and I spent a night here on our way to Wisconsin. This is a very large 2-story 1980s motel with both an in-door and an out-door pool. The place has obviously been updated in the last few years but it does look a little tired. But having said that it is clean and comfortable with good beds for $90 per night. Don't see any reason to spend more on a standard highway hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple