All reviews dunkin donuts front desk jimmy johns steak n shake room was clean notre dame pull out couch fast food business center first floor enjoyed my stay a great stay easy access parking lot football game short drive king suite
Reviewed 4 March 2016

My family and I have stayed in numerous Comfort Inn and Suites, and this is the worst one. The parking lot was riddled with potholes. The carpet in the room had multiple stains and some kind of sticky substance. The shower had mold, hard water build up on the shower head, which dripped all night. The toilet had stains in the bowl. The tub also had staining and filth under the facet. At breakfast the eggs tasted reconstituted (terrible) and the apple juice was watery. I paid over $160 for this, and felt I was extremely overcharged for what I received. The only response I received from the manager was an email saying they appreciated my input and would make changes based upon that. That doesn't make me feel any better, nor encourage me to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank BorgProtocol
GM_ComfortSuitesSB, Manager at Comfort Suites University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Again I want to apologize for the circumstances of your recent visit. I have taken the liberty of crediting your account back and assure you that this situation is not the norm for our hotel.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Outside of hotel looks nice but inside is worn and in need of a refresh. Free wireless WiFi was sporadic to the point of unusable in my room. Window heating cooling unit was 10 degrees off so a 70 degree setting stayed on until the room approached 80. I didn't report the issues since hotel was full and doubted they would be fixed while I was there one night. Room furnishing are getting worn and wobbly, but room was clean. Clean bed sheet had stains, but bed and pillows were very comfortable. Hotel was pretty quiet considering a hockey tournament worth of families were there. Lobby/breakfast seating area had some badly stained furniture. Free breakfast was fine with the standard U-make waffles, sausage, fried eggs, instant oatmeal, pastries, bagels, fresh fruit, rolls, juice, coffee, etc. For the $136 after taxes price I was hoping for a little nicer accommodation, but it was OK.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
GM_ComfortSuitesSB, General Manager at Comfort Suites University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We certainly would have liked to have addressed the AC issue while you were here. In the coming months we will be doing some upgrades to the hotel that will definitely address the concerns you mentioned. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you int he future.

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

We had a work conference here. There was about a hundred of us that stayed the night before then had our meeting the next morning in the conference room. The rooms were great and bonnie did a fantastic job taking care of us during the conference. The only thing I would suggest changing is that some of the chairs in the breakfast area were stained pretty badly l, which was kinda unappealing.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
GM_ComfortSuitesSB, General Manager at Comfort Suites University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Thank you for sharing your comments and we truly appreciate your kind words and suggestions. I will tell you that we just met with contractors this week and on the list is the replacement of all our breakfast and lobby furnishings. Hopefully by the next time you may visit us the work will be completed and you will notice the changes.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Stayed here a couple nights ago while out traveling for work. I was super impressed with this hotel. First of all the front desk staff were very upbeat and cheerful. When I got to my room I found myself thinking the room were actually more on par with higher tiered hotel. Marble countertops, nicer furniture and huge bath tub. I plenty of room to relax a couch and easy chair as well as a desk. I was delighted to find that they offer complimentary chili to guests (at least on Tuesdays in the winter). My room was quiet and had pretty much every thing I needed. I slept like a baby and when I woke up I was greeted in the lobby with and extensive continental breakfast. On a 10 day tour with 6 hotel stops I'd say of the 6 this was my favorite.

Room Tip: Free Chili and Free Breakfast
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
GM_ComfortSuitesSB, General Manager at Comfort Suites University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

We always appreciate receiving and hearing great reviews. We will pass your kind words onto our staff and if you are in the area in the future do not hesitate to give us a call.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Stayed here for a hockey tournament at Notre Dame. The bathrooms were awful, broken tiles, dirty tub, and for 3 damn days there was no hot water for our showers. Couple that with the fact that the hot tub was cold, the pool was freezing, the pool area was not heated well. It was about 45 degrees in the pool area. The breakfast was absolutely awful, i tried the eggs, tasted like bad breakfast sausage. The staff wasnt too bad, but the facility is simply awful. The pictures are very deceiving. On top of all this, we paid 376 dollars to stay here for three nights. Total ripoff.

Stayed: January 2016

I appreciate your comments concerning your recent stay. I do agree with you as far as the pool area goes, the way this building was constructed with the pool out from the building and surrounded by glass during sub zero weather and especially with wind chills below zero it is next to impossible to keep the air temperature at a respectable level. We are constantly looking at way s to improve that. In late February or early March we will begin renovations to all of our bathrooms with new tubs, floors and a more spa like feel.