“Cheap food , Hit or Miss service”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #74 of 106 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Labor Day Mon. , decided take daughter , 2 granddaughters out for lunch. On arrival no one to seat you or even start your order. But finally Ashley showed up , our waitress! Things took a turn for the best.She took drink orders an brought them out fast ( milkshakes ).The food order , food came out fast an hot an correct.We ordered 3 orders to go an a coke to go. Ashley was on top of everything. This is a novelty for this restaurant. I left her a 25% tip because she did so well , an I know dealing with the kitchen help there can be trying at best.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I'm a Steak n Shake fan. My server was nearly brand new and I ordered with a coupon and paid with a gift card - training exercise! She stayed unflustered even when she needed help. Got a very fresh meal properly assembled. There are some clueless employees across Ohio, but this crew knew how to work together to make it happen.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Walked in heard two different customers complaining to the manager while waiting for a table. Decided to leave.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We had driven 250 miles and decided to stop at the Steak n' Shake at the "old US 40" exit. It took several minutes for someone to seat us (though we could have easily done that for ourselves). Still, as the sign said "please wait to be seated," we waited. And waited. At last, we were attended to, though there were only eight other customers. This restaurant was obviously understaffed. We ordered burgers and shakes (a reasonable choice, right?) and waited some more. Fifteen, then twenty minutes passed and we finally received our drinks. My shake featured frozen bits of ice, floating amidst the milk and ice cream. Yuck. The drinks were long gone by the time the food showed up. The fries were only slightly warm. The burger featured disgustingly rubbery onion slices that were ill-prepared. Anybody who has sliced an onion knows better than to serve the outermost white layer. It is typically dried somewhat and almost impossible to chew. I pulled this vegetation out of my mouth, thinking I had been served a shoestring! We waited another unpleasant ten minutes to get the check. We just wanted to get back on the road. As I paid the check, I was asked if everything was "OK," and I was given a "sorry 'bout that" as a reply. While this was going down, I looked at the food prep area behind the counter. It was dirty and strewn with rubbish (see photo). If you decide not to avoid this place, that's now on you! You have been warned. We won't be back.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We, a group of three, entered the restaurant at 1 PM, seated 10 min later & order taken 1/2 hour later. Restaurant was not busy!!! Food was not served until after 2 PM after reminding server that we were waiting. As we exited the restaurant after over 2 hours (supposed to be a fast food restaurant) others were also exclaiming that they also had been there over 2 hours. The hot food was cool and not properly served. UGH!