“I have had better sushi”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yamato Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi
Ranked #48 of 106 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed 21 April 2017

I did take out here and using the website was efficient and accurate. I was not impressed with the sushi. The fish was on the small side but what bothered me most was the rice did not seem completely cooked. I would not go here again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Quick and to the point:

The server was good: friendly, accommodating, checked on us regularly, and supplied what we requested.

Why a 2? My vegetarian husband and I ordered vegetable hibachi, his with tofu. They charged us an additional $2 for tofu, and held back in the vegetables. Let's talk about the vegetables. In a handful of onions, I had two slices of carrot, some broccoli, mushroom and zucchini. Emphasis on the onions. So my husband paid $13 for a bowl of rice, shredded lettuce (salad), tofu, and onion encumbered stir fry. The soup however was delicious.

Let's talk about the other reason for the 2. Up on a tv, and posted in the lobby area, were photos of I'm assuming a birthday tradition. The tradition involves wearing a stereotypical Asian mask. Could you imagine going to a hamburger joint in, I don't know, Africa, where, to celebrate a birthday, you wear the mask of a white cowboy? Classy Yamato.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

First time try this restaurant and we really liked the food, location, and the staff. You need to try if you have never been to a Japanese restaurant.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We have been to Yamato numerous times since it opened and the food is always really good.
The last time we went there the restaurant was starting to get dirty. Not to the point of being afraid to eat there it just needs a good thorough cleaning. Not what you would expect with their prices.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

So unremarkable that I can't remember what I ordered!

Restaurant is located in a shopping center, in a decent area. We expected more.