“Good place for a business lunch”
Review of Firehouse BBQ

Firehouse BBQ
Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Firehouse BBQ and Blues is Richmond Indiana's oldest firehouse. Owned and operated by two Richmond Firefighters, it is Indiana's premier BBQ restaurant. We specialize in southern style smoked pork, chicken, and brisket, and serve it up in a comfortable, nostalgic atmosphere. Live Blues music can be enjoyed every Friday and Saturday night. We also specialize in catering. You can plan your event to take place in our banquet room, or we can cater your event at your location.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I met a friend for lunch and the service was prompt and the food arrived quickly (an important thing for a lunch date). The BBQ was spot on and the waitress friendly. I really enjoyed the neighborhood and the atmosphere of the restaurant.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This is truly one of my favorite restaurants to eat at in town. I mentioned the schrooms, but all of their food is excellent. Pulled pork, brisket, chicken, etc... They also have great coleslaw!

This is a family restaurant, but they have awesome live music on the weekends which is also excellent for a date night.

1  Thank 9gracie
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We setup reservations for a Saturday night so we could have some good BBQ while listening to some live music. Have a couple of your favorite adult beverages and it makes a very good and memorable time.

Staff was excellent, easy to find, plenty of free parking and both adult and family rooms to separate activities. Very nice indeed.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Super nice server Robin was arrentive. The food was fresh and delicious. The price was a good value for the quality and quality of the food.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

First the good....really nice atmosphere and the service was good. The food was hot and the portions were good size. I was really disappointed with the food at Firehouse BBQ restaurant in Richmond. This was my first and probably last visit. Our group of 6 arrived around 4 PM on a Saturday afternoon. Two in our group ordered the Barnyard Sampler. We were notified that they only had 1 order of ribs left. Later the server came back and said that they "found" one more serving of ribs so I also order the Barnyard Sampler with brisket, ribs, and pulled pork. The server came back to our table a third time and informed us that they were completely out of ribs. I am not sure how a BBQ restaurant can run out of ribs on a Saturday at 4 PM. When the food arrived, the chicken, brisket, & pulled pork were all baked......how can you call yourself a BBQ restaurant if you don't use a smoker? The brisked looked and tasted like pot roast. Our server recommended the cheesy potatoes. They were shredded frozen hash browns with a little cheese mixed in. They had very little taste and no one in our group ate more than a few bites. There were 3 dirty squeeze bottles of bbq sauce on the table (mild, sweet & spicy). I sampled all 3 and they were all very bland. They would be better off serving Kraft BBQ sauce.

Overall, the food was okay to good, it just wasn't what I expect from a BBQ restaurant.

1  Thank Terry G