“Food was good, but service was so-so”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #16 of 111 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Description: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We arrived at IHop at approximately 7:30pm on Sunday on the way home from a Thanksgiving trip. Several of the employees were focused on putting up Christmas decorations and didn't seem overly thrilled to seat us. We didn't wait long, but definitely felt a sense that we were interrupting their fun. Our food was also very slow getting to our table. I ordered the Chicken Florentine Crepes, a dish I have enjoyed dozens of times before, so I'm very aware how it should be prepared (which matches the photo in their menu). The waitress came out and the hollandaise sauce was dabbed on as a garnish, but there wasn't nearly enough to treat as an actual sauce. I sent her back to the kitchen to bring more out, as the dish wouldn't taste right without it. After waiting so long for our meals, it was disappointing to have to wait even longer for the sauce that was supposed to come with mine. The food was good as always. One other note: If I had used the bathroom before we ordered, we would not have dined here. The waste bins in the stalls were absolutely filthy. It so little care is taken with bins that are easily wiped off, I worry about the condition of the kitchen. Management needs to take notice!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We hadn't been to an IHOP in some time and now I know why. The waitress was excellent, but the food just wasn't up to par - for the value.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We ate here as it was the only place open after 10 pm. The night staff is lax in their service. Our waitress forgot to bring us silverware and then didn't come back around to check on us to see if we needed anything. We got our own. The food was good. My husband had the Country fried platter and I had the Strawberry cream cheese pancakes (2) with bacon and eggs. We both had iced tea. Everything was good, but the cream cheese was forgotten on the pancakes. Still good, plenty of strawberry topping. Have to admit that the bacon was the way I like it, crisp! Went back in the morning, different, better service. Waitress was prompt in seating us, and getting our coffee. And it seemed a short time between ordering and getting our meals. Hubby had the quick egg platter, came with sausage, hash browns, and toast. I had the bananas foster brioche french toast with a side of bacon. Again the food was good and they didn't forget anything. We really like they way they serve their coffee, in the table carafes. It was good, hot and handy.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

We stopped in IHOP on 4/1/17 around 2pm for a late lunch and decided to have "breakfast".....Generous portions and plenty of food for a reasonable price.....The waitress was prompt and cordial; good service. BUT the food was barely warm, especially the sausage gravy and the sausage links were cool and needed to be cooked longer and hotter.....the eggs and hash browns were a bit hotter, but all in all the food was not hot enough....that needs to be addressed with the cook. I do not feel that the waitress let the food sit back there getting cold. She did a good job and we tipped well.....I blame the cook for not keeping the food hot. The place needed to be cleaner and the restroom was a bit creepy for this ol' germ freak......Top to bottom cleaning needed.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Best pancakes around. Good fresh coffee and eggs. The combinations of breakfast are limitless. Want to try something go for the hamburger Omelet. Definitely want to be hungry.

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK