Abe Martin Lodge
US$ 111
US$ 99
QualityInn
  • Breakfast included
Brown County Inn(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
US$ 119
Green Valley Lodge(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$ 111
US$ 88
US$ 113
US$ 133
US$ 115
Travelocity
Creekside Retreat Lodging & Gatherings(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$ 167
Artists Colony Inn(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$ 127
Hotwire.com
Rawhide Ranch(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
Oak Haven Bed and Breakfast(Nashville)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hidden Valley Inn(Nashville)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfamily cabinwater parkaquatic centerlazy riverindoor waterparkpatio roomstate parkfree coffeehiking trailswater volleyballbrown countypool areadinner buffetwood stovelarge hot tubroom keyfried chicken
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Four couples met at Abe Martin Lodge on April 23rd for a high school reunion of the men in the group for 3 days--Class of 1963. Every couple was pleased with the Annex rooms except our bathroom looked worn out but clean. We were very pleased with the food in the main dining room--very reasonable prices and the food had ample servings and was very good!! Nobody complained about the food. All front desk staff was helpful and friendly on every shift. All of our rooms were clean. The Water Park was very impressive but we didn't use it. We really enjoyed the game/TV room located near the conference area. Plenty of comfy sofas and 3 table to play board games on. We all played Sequence both nights. We plan to return next year to repeat.

Room Tip: Ask for an Annex room. Fourth floor is very quiet. We were in 411.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank retiredin2003
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I co-organized a small (around 45 people) academic conference at Abe Martin in April 2012. The staff were polite, helpful, and cheerful (even on occasions when they seemed pretty overburdened). The Melodeon Hall is a large, attractive space with mega-vaulted ceilings. As such, the acoustics were better for the presentations than for group discussions. The Allison Peabody Room is a lovely, smaller space that was perfect for our group size on the two days we had it.

The food was tasty and and offered up in large quantities. The equipment (lcd projector, microphones) worked fine and was easy to set up.

Our participants all stayed in lodge rooms. My own room was clean and pleasantly appointed. There are pleasant common lounge areas, a lovely courtyard garden, and a large attractive "back yard" for congregating informally.

The facilities do not compare to a luxury hotel or a business hotel. Nor do the costs. It is important to keep in mind that this is a lodge in a state park. The surroundings are lovely, the space and facilities were not luxurious, but were perfectly suited for our small conference, and it was VERY affordable.

I would highly recommend this venue for a similar event.

Room Tip: The lodge rooms near the courtyard have a lovely view and are near pleasant common areas.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank prof_voyager
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We reserved a Rustic Cabin Room in April 2012. After unloading our stuff from the car we noticed mouse poop on the nightstand by the bed. I decided to do a flashlight inspection of the room and found mouse poop in every corner of each room and a concentration in the closet with partially eaten acorns. I also noticed an open space in the flooring in the closet big enough for a mouse or snake to enter. We loaded our stuff back into the car and headed back to the registration desk. The attendant told us the mouse poop must have got there just after the room was cleaned, which was incorrect, unless the room had not been cleaned since last year. She also said, "you are in the country so there could be mice." Our home is in the country also, but we don't live with mouse poop and mice running freely in our home. We did end up getting a room at the Inn which was much nicer and clean. So far we haven't been charged the extra amount.

Room Tip: Don't do Rustic Cabin Rooma at Abe Martin Lodge unless you examine them first
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We checked in to the only room available which was a rustic cabin during spring break week. The pool area was nice however there were not enough lounge chairs, our cabin had a musty odor but seemed very clean. We went to bed but were startled awake by mice! There were mice in our cabin! Needless to say we did not sleep very well through the rest of the night. When we checked out the next morning I told the front desk about the mouse problem but she acted like it wasn't a big deal. She didn't offer me a discount or even an apology. I will never stay in the rustic cabin again but may consider staying in the main lodge sometime in the future, hopfully the rooms in the lodge are rodent free. It wasn't worth $80 a night to stay in a mice infested cabin!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeanie G
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed for two nights in one of the cabins close to the lodge. I am handicaped and one of my fellow cabin campers parked in my parking place for my cabin. There were no spots left. I called the front desk and they offered no help other than to hint at which cabin belonged to the offending guest. They had no security working! And yes I hobbled to the door and woke up the offending guests. Thank god they didnt punch me in the nose. And were kind enough to move to the grass.
I awoke the first morning with a few bites on my legs. I assumed these were chigger bites as I had walked that day in the woods. The next morning I awoke to find 15 or 20 odd looking bites on my torso and around my waist. Upon a close inspection of the bed under the sheets confirmed my suspicion. The little $&&@#*%s were everywhere.
Upon returning home I wrote the management staff a letter as well as a comment card addressing this issue. I asked to be called. To date, I have not received any kind of a response.
Aside from the infestation, the room appeared dated and worn. The sheets and the bedspread were threadbare and stained. The cabin appeared clean, however this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed: August 2011