“Pick a different place to stay if you can...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Got to the hotel about 4:00PM. We had been at a BSU football game and my wife had cooked out on the grill because it was Dad's Day and she did not want to make me cook. She took a shower right after we checked in. Got out of the shower and guess what? No Towels - not one. I went down to the front desk and the once they finally got a hold of the maids the maids acted like it was our fault that there were no towels in the room!

Hallway carpet was very dirty and worn.

In the morning when we got up I opened the door to go get a cup of coffee and there was a police officer standing right outside my door. He was dealing with our drunk neighbor who was claiming some woman ran off with his "medication".

Room was just OK.

Breakfast was your standard out of the package warmed up stuff you'd find at most cheap hotels that offer breakfast.

I can't believe people who wrote other reviews would call this hotel "clean". It was dirty and run down in my opinion. I suppose it could be a matter of perspective based on what you are used to.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 October 2010

We usually stay at the Fairfield Inn but it was already booked so we tried Holiday Inn Express. The price was cheap and I guess for the price you get what you pay for. Positives were that the beds were actually somewhat comfortable and the staff were helpful, making sure we had the requested extra rollaway bed in our room when we arrived late. Coming from Chicago we were later than expected and they were very nice allowing my son who is a student at Ball State to check us in. They has our reservation down for 5 but only had one set of towels in the room. The front desk person was nice and due to the place being full pulled extra towels out from the dryer. So while friendly and helpful, not prepared for the crowd. The carpets as many people have commented are really really disgusting and you question the cleaniness as a result. The carpet by the elavator was the worse with many huge coffee like spots in our room. We managed okay, internet worked, parkig lot was packed but again it was a busy weekend.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank pmazcomm
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Great staff, clean, great value. Did not eat at the breakfast buffet. (Went out to IHOP)

Beds were a little hard for our taste. But overall it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2010

this is a very small Holiday Inn (HI) and the first HI that I was not impressed with. I have stayed at many HI's, but this one was not well kept. To begin with, there was no parking. I drove around the lot and waited for someone to come out to find a spot. Upon entering my room, the room smelled musty. my room faced the parking lot and right outside my room was the parking lot light. I tried to close the curtains, but could not close them enough to prevent the light from shining right in on me. The breakfast was average. The service was fine.
There is a hampton and a marriott right next door or within walking distance.
I would not stay at this HI again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2010

the staff could not have been nicer, rooms were clean, breakfast bar was ok, beds and pillows are way too soft. went to kohls and bought my own pillow, location is close to cardinal greenway trail. Hotel was very quiet easy to sleep. BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple