All reviewsstayed one nightthe staff was friendly and helpfultoll roadnext morningwould stay here againconvenient locationcomfortable bedbugsoap
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Our room was neat, clean and the bed was so comfortable we got a great nights sleep! The staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was your usual motel hot breakfast with plenty to eat. We would stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: The bed in 229 was perfect, not too hard, not too soft.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grandmak2016
Comfort I, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Reviewed 8 March 2017

The beds are new, the bedding luxurious and the breakfast passable. South Bend has many quality hotels because of its university clientele. But it is obviously just remodeled and doesn't quite have detailsf inished. The luggage cart was way past its useful life; the elevator needs to graduate from freight school. But the price was lower than others of the same branding class and ours was an ok stay..

Stayed: February 2017

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Unbeknown to me until after I check in this hotel is under renovation. Saying that you can understand that this hotel really needs renovation. First room I wad given TV did not work. After two trips to desk they gave me another room in which the key card did not work. The breakfast was not near Choice standards. I will pass on this hotel for the time being.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Comfort I, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

I hope that you will consider staying with us again once our renovations are completed so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Front Office Manager
Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Although conveniently located to campus the hotel has a cleanliness problem and a leadership issue. We had 2 rooms in our group, my room had cob webs, trash on the floor. a musty smell and stains on the comforter. Because we knew we were not going toget a another room and arrived at 1am we bought lysol to handle those issues however, our toilet continued to back up and over flow after simply urinating. The staff gave us a plunger and i was able to rectify the issue the first time, but the problem continued all weekend to the point it over flowed on to the floor. It was game weekend so we used the public bathroom on the first floor. When we checked out and asked the front desk for assistance because water was all over our bathroom floor the front desk staff was very helpful and said she would discount our room. We paid a total of $1400 for the weekend and she said she could only take $70 off and anything else would have to come from the GM. On Monday i contacted the GM and Comfort inn international. As of today i received a standard response from CI which stated the hotels are franchises and individually owned and it shows i already got a discount. As of Friday the GM has yet to reply or call, The hotel is poorly managed, it is raking in money on game weekends and ignoring its customers. Fans help support the economy there. It was over a $3,000 weekend for my family and i already know i am staying elsewhere next time and if i cant afford the place on a game weekend ill save up for next year. Mr. GM needs to take pride in his hotel, be there during check or empower staff to do right by their customer if there is a an issue and lastly be customer friendly and return emails. who rents a room and has to by lysol to spray their room, we did at this hotel. AVOID THIS PLACE unless you have lysol.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank nbarrelet
Comfort I, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

I do want to appologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. I would like to assure you we have addressed your concerns with our staff and are making the necessary adjustments and improvements.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We have stayed here for over 10 years because it is convenient and was always clean. Very disappointed this time. We had 4 rooms booked. Each day the towels were changed but that's it. Did not make beds or even clean the sink. Hotel has not been refurbished in who knows when. Could really use a facelift. Looking for other options for lodging.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom K

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We have addressed your concerns and the situation with our staff to make proper changes. I would also like to assure you that we are going through a renovation currently and we do hope you will return to our hotel to see our improvements.