All reviews indoor pool nice hotel under renovation small city bathroom sink one night stay historic district clifty falls state park room was spacious hie motel refrigerator
Reviewed 16 November 2017

After one year again in this place. They are still renovating. Hotel is almost the same. Not much of visible improvement yet. Painting is new. Room was spacious and with refrigerator, coffee machine. They have a nice hot breakfast in the morning. Staff were super friendly and helpful. I thought the price was but high for the place like Madison and the overall level of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Clean, updated decor. Friendly staff. Complimentary hot breakfast. Convenient to lots of restaurants. Minutes from Madison Historic District, Clifty Falls State Park and Hanover College.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2017

9 years military I have been in a lot of hotels... this is by far in the top three for me. They are the most helpful, friendly, professional and just plain nicest people who strive to give you and your family a wonderful and pleasant away from home experience. From the general manager to the cleaning crew they are all wonderful and I will genuinely miss them! Every single one of you deserve 10 out of 5 Stars! Thank you all from the McMahel family!

Room Tip: Just ask at the desk and they can suggest the very best for you
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Literally, A DUMP that charged us more than the Hampton Inn we stayed at in Rome, Georgia the night before. The Tourist Bureau should put some effort into getting a modern, clean hotel in Madison. Owners: Instead of remodeling, tear it down and build a new hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Paul F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your most recent stay. I would like to apologize if we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay. We are in the process of a major remodeling effort so that we can provide a top line product to our guests. If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me at the property so that we can make it right. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

We stayed here for one night on our drive to TN. We didn't check in until midnight, and left early. The hotel didn't feel very clean. Our room was large, and even had a little kitchenette area which was nice to have. The bathroom was horrible. The ceiling and walls had a ton of water damage (I'm guessing from the lack of venting, and of course people take hot, steamy showers). The tub was a large jet tub, but looked very dirty and had large cracks all over. The water stream out of the shower head was lackluster. The bed was comfy though, and I guess that's all that mattered for a one night stay. We were able to use their breakfast buffet in the morning. It was just like any other Holiday Inn Express breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Hi Heather C,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with the inadequate condition of the bathroom. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,