US$ 145
US$ 120
US$ 79
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 92/night.

US$ 140
US$ 120
Hampton.com
US$ 86
US$ 83
Red Roof
All reviewsindoor poolnice hotelunder renovationsmall citybathroom sinkrooms are cleanone night stayhistoric districtclifty falls state parkhiemotelrefrigerator
Reviewed 18 November 2007

Hotel is clean and recently remodeled. Staff tries but come up just a bit short. I am a business traveler and my profile specifically notes the need for high speed Internet. I checked and spent an hour on the phone with my company help line and another with the motels help line in the end I had zero Internet (not even dial up).The property was booked so I could not be moved to another room.

I could have accepted that this was a rare event but while on the line with the motel help line, they stated they had had problems with the room before and they keep searching the notes to see if they were ever able to help others. Needless to say they found nothing.

Madison doesn't offer much. I will try the Clifty Inn next time. Can't be less productive.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank thefbi
Reviewed 30 October 2007

We booked the hotel based on Tripadvisor comments and looking at all the surrounding hotel websites. Our preference would have been the Clifty Inn but it had been sold out for the weekend we were there for over 3 months. Our third choice was the Best Western, glad we did not stay there. We had lunch at a nearby restaurant and it looks like the place is being completely renovated while they are still open. There were dumpsters and construction trailers all over the parking lot. If you choose that property, be sure to call first to check on their construction.

The Holiday Inn was nice. It is a relatively new hotel. Check in was efficient, the breakfast area, pool, and excersize room were all very clean and inviting. Our room was your average room, clean with triple sheets and an assortment of firm and soft pillows. There was a small fridge and microwave in the room. I have two small complaints, the TV reception was awful and the side door, even though it had a key card reader, was never locked. I also think they should do a better job of advertising in the area, we saw no signs for the hotel anywhere in our travels, and we had to ask at the visitor info center for directions to it.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2007

If you're on the go and want a nice hotel, good amenities and a bargain, it doesn't get any better than this.
The location is wonderful. Walk out the front door, and you're only a few steps from Madison's 15-mile bike/hike trail along the lake.
The staff is friendly and accommodating. When I checked in, I said I would be in the room a lot, working on my computer. She was careful to arrange a sunny spot with a spacious desk. I was always greeted when I walked by the desk throughout my stay.
Like many Holiday Inn Express hotels, the design is excellent for keeping the room spotless and fresh looking. Comfortable bed, refrigerator, coffee maker, and microwave.
The free breakfast was ample, and the coffee was both strong and hot. Priority Club members also get coupons for a couple free drinks in the evening at a modest chips & salsa happy hour.
There is a computer and printer available for on-line check-in before going to the airport.
Like another reviewer on this site, I always hate it when the bathroom light automatically turns on a fan.
If I were allocating space, I would give up the small swimming pool for an expanded fitness center.
I absolutely 100% will return to this sweetheart of a deal hotel.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Capital Culture
A TripAdvisor Member
Beverly Hills, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2004

We were in town for a funeral. The staff was very accomadating to meet our needs. The hotel is exeptionally clean. The kids had a great time swimming in the indoor pool and the breakfast bar was awesome!

Reviewed 28 May 2003

Nice Holiday Inn Express - good morning breakfast - pool opens late in the morning - not until 10:00 a.m. which is not good considering check out is 11:00 a.m. and my kids wanted to swim before we had to leave. All-in-all nice hotel at a reasonable price. This is definitely the nicest hotel in Madison - believe me, nothing better in this little, little town.

3  Thank Elliestar